XIV

My eyes were locked on the canvas beside my closet, concentrating on the photograph-like painting of juicy strawberries like it was the most interesting thing in the world. I sat on the very edge of the bed like I was at at someone's house for the very first time in a white lace bra and blue jeans while Lucy raided my closet.

The moment I stepped out of my house, the smile on her cherry red lips fell into a grimace as she looked at my outfit.

"Hun, you look cute, but it's totally wrong for the city." She said, skipping up the stairs and wrapping her hand around my wrist to pull my back inside.

I thought the blue jeans with a simple band tee and chucks was comfy enough for a day out— especially considering my long shift at the hospital a few hours ago. But to Lucy, it wasn't cutting it which is why she was raiding my closet after instructing me to take my shirt off.

"Perfect!" She squealed, pulling out a navy, mini skirt that I hadn't even know existed. "You own fishnets?"

I shake my head, and she rolls her eyes playfully. "Why did I even ask."

For the next ten minutes, Lucy plays dress up with me as the doll. The white cami tucked into the navy, mini skirt was layered under an oversized bomber jacket.

"I did the best I could with what you got." She shrugged as I finished tying the white, chunky Filas.

"Ouch." I laughed, grabbing my purse and my phone before holding her hand and dragging her out of the house.

"Let's go, I've had enough playing doll."

Lucy laughed, lacing her fingers with mine as we walked for a cab.

• • •

After spending a full day at the museum, learning more about each other, we decided to order dinner to go.

But the guy at the register started flirting with Lucy, resulting in us getting our order thirty minutes later than the norm because he couldn't take his eyes off of the deep cleavage of her breasts from the unzipped zipper at the center of her chest. The plus side was that he gave Lucy a free meal and she paid for mine because she felt bad for making me wait.

"What are we doing here?" I ask Lucy when the cab stops in front of Jungkook's apartment complex.

Lucy thanks the driver, paying him in cash before hoping out. "I don't know." She shrugs, helping my with the take out while I carry the drinks. "I come here when I'm bored."

"They won't mind?" I ask as we make our way inside.

She shakes her head. "Nah, Jungkook's probably not home. He's probably the only one who minds when Lee and I show up unannounced."

I wonder where he might be.

I hadn't stopped thinking about him since that night he touched my back with his delicate fingers, held my bare top in his arms, and gently placed his lips against my skin.

When Jimin left my house that night and I went back to my room to shower the paint that was still on my back, I realized I had slipped into his sweater and he had left my house in a simple tee in the cold.

We hadn't talked since. I should have texted him, but I was... scared? But of what, I didn't know.

Lucy laughs. "He spends a lot of his day working out on Thursdays."