II

"What the hell happened to you?" Taehyung asked, rushing to wrap his arms around me tightly.

I laughed, pushing him off me with a  gasp for air as soon as he was off me. Taehyung tends to squeeze the life out of me for no reason, but I'm not complaining. His hugs are my favorite, like blankets of security at random times.

"Yeah, I was scared you chickened out." Kylie suddenly appeared from behind me. "How'd it go by the way?"

I smiled, nodding my head. "It wasn't we bad as I thought. I feel really good about it."

Kylie's face falls into a grimace as she takes a sip of her coffee, letting out a relieved sigh. "Ew, need. I hated that exam." She sends us a proud smile, eyes twinkling with joy before she turns her back to us and begins to walk off. "Anyway, come on, my little chicks."

The three of us follow behind Kylie, shoving each other for a spot at her side because anyone who stands beside her always gets the best surgery.

I struggle pushing Taehyung away because Ahn has already claimed his spot on her left, and I learned my lesson not to fight with him since the last time I was left with a bruised knee. Taehyung was a different story. He was gentler, but being tall and muscular, he had the advantage and he wraps his arms around my waist before moving me aside. "Quit it, Taehyung, you greedy ass-"

"May."

Taehyung and I both pause, looking up at the owner of the voice.

My eyes widen and I stand straight, forgetting about Taehyung hovering behind me and the top of my head comes in contact with his jaw.

"Ouch." We both whine, rubbing the throbbing pain, finally pulling away from each other.

"Idiots." Kylie rolls her eyes, a smile threatening her lips wrote she sips her coffee.

I shake my head away from Taehyung, eyes landing on Jimin and the pain is suddenly the last thing on my mind.

"Oh, Jim-" I pause, noticing the color of his scrubs. He was already a resident judging by the black scrubs he wore. "Dr.Park."

"Hi, May." He smiles, extending a hand out to me with a black cup.

"May?" Taehyung mumbled under his breath behind me as if 'May' coming out of Jimin's lips was the strangest thing.

I instantly notice the cup as the one I left on the table as I was on a rush out.

"My-"

"I hope your exams went well, May."

I take the cup in my hand, wondering how it was still warm. My lips parted as I stare into his eyes, wanting to let out a 'thank you', but I took my time and simply marveled at his beautiful eyes. "Thank you."

It was silent again. Perhaps it was just me, because Hope Hospital is never silent, but it was quite refreshing.

"Uh, Dr. Park."

I noticed the hesitation as he looked away from my eyes, not fully putting his attention on the attending calling for his assistance. He'd glance at me in between until it was time for him to leave. When he brushed past me, he whispered, "I'll find you later."

After that, I didn't care that Taehyung playfully shoved me and took the spot next to Kylie. His playful poking and taunting winks to announce his victory over the spot were the last things on my mind.

I kept replaying his voice in my head as he whispered those words in my ear just for me.

I was pulled back to reality at a pinching pain on my elbow. I huffed under my breath, annoyed eyes falling on Taehyung next to me.