V

Rain was pouring, soaking me but I didn't care because it was raining inside as well and it hurt more.

On the outside, the rain flooded—there were flash flood warnings in most areas and the hospitals would be full soon.

But on the inside, the rain tried to fill and flood the void to the brink, but to no avail, the emptiness in my heart was too deep to be filled.

I felt suffocated because when I would feel peace, I felt pain.

My eyes are shut tight after seeing the figure approach from the darkness, drenched from the rain's water droplets.

And I find myself opening my quivering mouth to call out a name. "J-"

"May." Jimin's thumb brushes over my cheek and my eyes flutter open.

I let out a sigh, shutting my eyes as they become irritated from the harsh light filtering through the windows of my car.

I never get to finish my dream. Can I even call it a dream when it feels so... real?

"Let me drive. You're still half asleep." Jimin giggles and I gladly accept, sliding over into the passenger's seat while he takes the driver's seat.

The drive to his home was short and he turned the car off, rubbing his palms up and down his thighs.

"Do you have a shift today?" He asked. I nod my head slowly, pout on my lips and eyes rounded from the sleepiness still lingering.

"I have a night shift." I shrug.

He smiled. "Me too. Come in and we'll head to work together later."

I hesitated for a moment, recalling the last time I showered. It had been a busy week as my residency had just begun which meant longer hours of work and less sleep. Yeah, I needed a shower.

I shake my head, sighing out in disappointment. "I want to, but I need to shower." I say with an embarrassed smile on my lip.

I still when Jimin leans in and his lips brush my forehead. I hear him take a deep whiff, and I curse internally and become red at my cheeks.

He only laughs and his breath is burning against my forehead. He pulls away with a sweet smile. "You can shower here."

Before I have time to decline his offer, he's already out the car as if he wasn't offering but much rather telling me. I follow him up the steps to his apartment, and he lets me step inside before him.

His apartment building had a modern, tidy aesthetic to it. The dark floor panels were a nice contrast to the white furniture and the colorless decor. Though his apartment seemed drained of any color, the tiny plants scattered around, fluffy blankets draped over the couch, and the various picture frames displayed around made it feel warm and lively.

Before I could study his apartment any further, Jimin guided me into the apartment with his hand on the small of my back.

"The shower's pretty simple. You shouldn't struggle with it." He said as he softly pushes me into the bathroom of his bedroom. "Drop your clothes out the door before you jump in the shower so I can wash them while you shower. Oh—" he walked across the room, searching through dressers and returns with a pile of clothes in his hand. "-you can wear this in the mean time." He smiles.

Like Jimin had said, I didn't have much trouble figuring out the shower, and when I was fully dressed in his cloths, I smelled like him. Jimin always smelled of mint and fabric softener, it was intoxicatingly attractive.