Arriving At The Captial

Cato's P.O.V

I woke up and looked over at Y/N, who was still asleep. I kissed her gently on the cheek as I looked over at the clock on my nightstand. It read 6 a.m., so I stretched and went to my bathroom to take a shower and wait for Y/N to wake up.

I knew we would be at The Capitol around noon, so I wanted to get an early start so as not to annoy Wisteria when she came to wake us up. As I turn the shower on, I get undressed and shower quickly so I can get back and wake Y/N.

As I let the hot water roll down my body, I let my mind wander and tried to come up with my own plan to get us back home. Enoboria and I came with a couple of good plans to try and get the both of us home, as yesterday as we were talking, she told me this year's games allowed two victors from the same district.

My brain flooded with ideas as soon as she said that to me, though she said it hadn't been announced to the public yet and that it was just told between mentors and tributes until the president's speech at the parade. Which I found a bit odd, but hey, whatever, I don't make the rules, so if they want to keep the rest of the district and the public in the dark, then so be it.

I finished up my shower, and after coming up with several plans to make sure Y/N and I come out safely, I get out, wrap a towel around my waist, and go to my dresser to find something to wear.

I find a black long-sleeved shirt, black jeans, and some boots in the closet near the door. Once I'm dressed, I go over to the bed, where my goddess is still asleep. Her (H/C) hair is covering her face (if you have short hair, it's ruffled and has a messy bedhead look). She looks peaceful lying there, almost like an angel. I kiss her on the forehead and gently shake her awake.

I tell her,

"Babe, you might want to get up and get ready; we will be at the Capitol soon."

Just like her brother Jax, I can get her to ask me for five more minutes, but I tell her fat chance. She giggles and stretches. She crawls out of bed, walks over to me, and kisses me.

I kiss her back and deepen the kiss slightly, only for her to pull back and tell me to take it easy, tiger. I hate it when she teases me, but I'll get her back, and she knows this.

She tells me she is just going to pop over to her room across the hall, grab some clothes, and come back to take a shower. I nod and turn on the TV that was on my dresser in the room to watch the reaping recap.

I watch as I see with districts 11 and 12. We got fighters this year, and the female tribute volunteered, though I was scared for district 11's tribute because she looked so young and easy pickings for any other career. I just hoped that her district partner would protect her for as long as he could; he looked like he could hold his own.

The majority of the other district's tributes were kids or people who looked tough, but you could tell they were just as scared as we all were. I didn't need to see who was in Districts 1 and 4's tributes because we meet with each other during the summer before the reapings.

District 1's tributes were a boy named Marvel, who was 17 and a good friend of mine, but his partner, Glimmer (16), was always a pain in my ass; she would take every opportunity to flirt with me, even after I got together with (Y/N).

But Marvel set her straight and told her to quit bugging me, and I believe he told me that they are dating. As he always had a crush on her, which made me happy for them and also happy that Glimmer is out of my hair.

District 4's tributes are a boy named Cliff Ambercreek and a female tribute named Marigold Pitfeather. Now Cliff and I don't see eye to eye, but we respect each other, and Mari and I go way back; she used to live in district 2 before her mom got a better job in district 4 and wanted to move her and the family there.