Day Two in the Games

*Warning: Character Death*

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up the next day with a grogginess to a temperate afternoon in the arena after having a wonderful dream about being out of this arena and living a nice, quiet life with Cato. But when I woke up to still find us in the arena, it was like I was back in my own personal nightmare.

The only thing that was keeping me sane in this god-forsaken place was Cato and my friends; he had his arm wrapped around my waist. My back was snuggled against his chest; he must've had a long night of watching over the camp.
Because he was snoring lightly in my ear, and the only time he did that was when he stayed up late at night.

I didn't want to wake him just yet, so I laid there, enjoying the warmth and scent of him. While I laid there, I kept thinking about those poor kids who had died yesterday, never getting to see their families again. Never to grow up and have families of their own, it made me sick, then I started to think about our little group.

Knowing we would have to face the same fate of growing up without each other, we were like a little family. playfully fighting and arguing over things, grouping together to get tasks done, and being there for each other when times were rough. But thinking about a life without them was just too much for me.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice Cato kissing my right cheek to try and get my attention. I pulled myself out of my own head and said to him in a sleepy tone,

"Morning handsome, sleep well? Sorry, Cato, I was just lost in thought about the games."

Cato stretched and gave me a concerned look. As he held me, I turned around to look at his face. He looked at me and said, in a sleepy tone,

"What about the games, baby? You know you can tell me anything, right? I'll listen and give you my thoughts on it."

Cato and I have been having conversations about the games and our strategy plans for how to get everyone out. But we both knew that wouldn't work, so for now we tried to plan on how to keep everyone as safe as they could be.

"Well I just wish there was a way to get everyone out, and back to their families. I mean I don't want to have to watch Rue die, just like I know you don't want to see Mari die either. Because all of these people we have met here, are like family to us.

We had trained together and, we now have to either fight and get killed or have to kill each other. Just to survive to get home, and that's not fair, Cato. Knowing that we are a murderers and have suffer through that thought, until we kill ourselves out of guilt or just do things that numbs the pain of it all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I just wish there was someway to get our little family out of here safe some how, but I know that isn't an option."

I said to him sadly as a couple tears stream down my face, Cato rubs my cheek and kisses me. He looks at me with so much care and concern, but then says to me,

"Believe me (N/N), I want to get our little family out of here, but you know, that is not an easy task, and you know it would come with dire consequences for all of us involved.

I lay here wishing the same thing as well. I know that I couldn't imagine a day without Marvel, Cliff, or Thresh. They have become like brothers to me, just like Jax. I know this may be harsh coming from me, but all we can do is just wish and hope that we can all protect each other as best we can while not going down without a fight.

I know what Cato was saying to me was right, because even if we could come up with a clever plan just to get everyone out, Snow would make our lives a living hell, like he did with Brutus. So right now, all we had was hope and a wish that everything would work itself out in the end.