Re-Make Center And Tribute Parade

(Y/N) P.O.V

As I lay there in a blue paper gown, I felt every hair on my body pluck, wax, and tweeze. My body felt like it was on fire, and my scalp felt like it would fall out from being washed and brushed so much. But I gritted my teeth through all of it because I knew that in the end, it was worth it. Yeah, they're going to dress me up and make me look pretty just so I can die later, but I have to admit that, as a child, I always loved the tribute parade.

The costumes were always as pretty as they could be; I mean, the Capitol would always make lower districts like 11 and 12 look ridiculous, which I found to be unfair, but I still knew it depended on who their stylist was. So, I hope this year they will at least get better stylists who will actually make them look good. I could go on for days about how the higher districts always looked beautiful and picturesque, but I know I can't say much since I am part of district 2, but that doesn't mean I don't care what happens to the other districts.

My prep team introduces themselves as they are working on me. The one who was tweezing my eyebrows and brushing my hair is a woman named Azo Silversnow. She is from District 2 and is a very kind woman. Azo is the hairdresser on my team. Azo was wearing a sky blue jumpsuit with a bright blue wig that has curls going down to her back and pale blue skin like Wisteria had on the first day.

My manicurist is named Freesia Pitwood; she is from District 11. She has caramel-colored skin and is dressed in a honey-gold strapless dress with gold eyeliner and a long blonde wig with flowers woven into her hair to represent her district and not forget where she came from.

The last member of my prep team is a man named Merlin Underbrook, who is from District 4. He is an Asian-looking man, with one side of his head saved and the other side of his hair down to his shoulders and dyed a forest green. He is wearing a dark green silk shirt with a vest to match, black dress pants, and dress shoes. He was trying to make me laugh through the pain of waxing every bit of hair off the important parts of my body like my legs, arms, and private area.

Once they were done, Azo told me that my stylist should be in a minute and to grab the robe off the rack beside the metal doors I was brought through. They walked out of the room, and I was left alone on the long, cold metal table. I got up and grabbed the F/C robe off the rack and sat back down on the end of the table as I waited to meet my stylist.

About five minutes later, a man with long black hair with a red streak in it walks through the metal doors and looks over at me. His eyes are lilac, and he is a slightly pale-looking man. His outfit looked like a carbon copy of Merlin's, but with deep red colors to his outfit and only light make-up on his face. He smiles sweetly at me as he walks up to where I was sitting and pulls up a chair. He then introduces himself to me.

"Hello, my name is Orion Bellsnow, and I'm a stylist. And your (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N) right?"

I smile at him and say,

"Yes, I am; it's good to meet someone who is semi-normal-looking in The Capitol."

He lightly chuckles, and we talk about my family back at home, and he asks if Cato was actually my boyfriend, and I tell him,

"Yes, we have been together for about 4 going on 5 years now; we met at the training academy back in our district. His brother, who is no longer with us, was the one who set us up, and I wouldn't change him for the world."

Again, he smiles at me and says,

"I'm glad you found the love of your life, and it's a shame that you guys are in these games. Also, is he the one who volunteered for that little boy back in your home district?"