Day Two Of Training

(Y/N) P.O.V

The next morning, I hear Wisteria knocking on my room door. Telling us to get up right this second, or we would be late for the second day of training.

I stretched and tried to shake Cato awake, but I knew that with him being a deep sleeper, I had to wake him up by other means, so I turned over to face him. He looks so peaceful and angelic; his blonde hair is spiked up and messy from sleep, but in a sexy way.

I start kissing his neck gently, and I hear him moan my name sleepily and pull me closer to him. I see that I am getting somewhere. I slip my hand under his shorts and gently start jerking him off.

I feel him lightly grab my wrist and hear him say to me with a deep huskiness to his voice,

"Now, now, princess. If you keep this up, we will never leave this room. Thank you for waking me up in a sexy way. But we will be late for training."

He kisses my neck and then sets me up in bed. I giggle because I know he is now frustrated and wide awake. We head towards the bathroom so we can shower, and while we are in the shower, I do help him with his problem that I helped create.

When we are done, we get dressed in our training uniforms and head to breakfast with our mentors. When we get to the dining room, I see Brutus and Enobaria laughing and flirting with one another.

Once we set down at the table, Brutus told us we did well in our interviews last night. But for our pre-Game interviews, they would pull us aside in private and go over what we were going to say to Caesar and how we could make our angle more appealing.

We nod and start eating; we just grab some bacon and eggs. I also grab some fruit to put in my oatmeal. Once we were done eating, Brutus told us to go down to the training room. They would meet us down there after they got done eating.

But before we walked out the door, Brutus stopped us and said to us, Tomorrow will be evaluation, for our scores and interviews. He also reminded us to train hard and do as much as we could, as we wouldn't just be evaluated on our weapon skills alone but our survival skills as well. They wished us luck, and we thanked them for their guidance.

We make our way to the elevator and wait for it to come to our floor. As we sit there and wait, I feel Cato grab my hand and squeeze it gently. I guess he could feel how scared I was that we were so close to going into the games. We are so close to possibly losing one another and any friends we have made here.

People like Mari and Cliff, Marvel, Rue and Thresh, and Katniss, along with Peeta I guess this is why Baria told us not to get too close to people in the games, because when it comes down to it, you have to kill them to survive and win.

You wouldn't be able to do it, even if it came from your own district partner. It was also ill advised to fall in love with said partner or any tribute, as it would be seen as an act of rebellion against Snow. But since we were already together, I couldn't just throw away what Cato and I had.

So, if Snow wanted to see it that way, then so be it; he would only be hurting his citizens because they loved Cato and me. We were dubbed the District 2 sweethearts, and from the game talk shows, besides us The tributes from 11, 4, 12, and 7 were loved by the citizens as well.

So, we weren't the only ones the citizens loved and wanted to win. So, Cato and I both knew we would try our hardest to come out alive and try to help out our allies as much as we could.

When the elevator hit our floor, Mari and Cliff were in it, along with Rue and Thresh. I went to hug Mari and waved at Cliff; he smiled at me and nodded hello to Cato. Who was beside me, holding my hand, as I chatted with Mari and Rue.