Capturing Peeta

Cato P.O.V

Katniss and I were outside hunting for more food, and as we walked around the simulated forest, we were chatting about what our plans were going to be, if we won these games. I was getting into detail about how I wanted to marry (Y/N), when she shushed me and jerk her head towards the noise just outside of the cave. I grab my sword and watch her notch her bow, we would try to sneak up on whatever was on the other side of the bush. When we get there, we find Peeta, laying on the ground with a large gash on his left leg. I saw Katniss freeze as she stared at him, with both a worried and angry expression on her face. I raise the tip of my long sword to his face and say to him, in a very angry tone.

"What are you doing here, traitor? You have a lot of explaining to do, have you come to spy on us, for your queen bee?"

Peeta would slowly hold up his hands in surrender, and would say in a scared tone as he would look up at me.

"Look I come in peace 2, I just escaped with my life from Glimmer. Look I'm sorry about Rue, Katniss. But I had no other choice, she would have killed me, if I didn't at least do something that was worth her approval. I was trying to just throw the spear just to scare Rue, but I didn't expect to kill her. Katniss you have to believe me, please!"

I looked over at Katniss, and the expression on her face was still mixed with anger and sadness at the mention of Rue. She would notch her arrow and say to him, in a cold tone as she would stare daggers into his eyes.

"Don't you dare say her name, you murderer. Keep it out of your mouth, and until I can trust you again you're our prisoner. Now get on your feet, slowly."

Peeta gave her a hurt look, but he nodded with an understanding look on his face. I watched as he slowly got up on his feet, arms still raised in surrender. Katniss would grab his right arm with a slightly rough push, and hall him back to our camp. I would follow back behind her, as much as my gut told me not to trust this. I knew this is something they needed to work out as district partners, so I just kind of just hung back but still kept a watchful eye on him and the surrounding area while we made our way back to camp.

Once we made it back to the cave, Katniss said she would go look for a rope or something to tie him up with. I nod and head over to where (Y/N) was sitting with Mari going over our supplies to see what we needed before moving to our next camp site for the night, I take a seat next to them and tell them in a serious tone as I sit down and pull my girl into my arms.

"Hey Mari, would you let everyone we have a group meeting today. We have a situation to deal with, please and thank you."

She nodded and gets up to head over to where Cliff, and the rest of our group was. They were having breakfast of a couple small birds and some dried fruit. My girl looks up at me and gives me a questioning look. I whisper to her in a soft tone, and I wrap my arms around her waist.

"Katniss and I caught Peeta, while we were out hunting. I'm going to call a group meeting to see what everyone wants to do with him. I know how we all feel about it, but I want to be fair if that makes sense?"

She give me a sad nod, as I knew what her decision would be, as she didn't want to see him suffer. But knew he did have to be punished, once I talked it over with her. I saw Katniss bring a tied up Peeta in the cave. I heard a few gasps from our group as Katniss would once again hold him by the left arm, and make him walk to the center of the cave and let him sit down.

I watched as Thresh would give him a death glare, which I understood. He has to stare at the boy who was reason for his little sister's death, but I then would say to them all in a serious tone.

"Alright everyone, we will have a group meeting about what to do with him."

I pointed at Peeta with my index finger, who was looking slightly scared, but would try to give everyone a brave look as if he knew what was going to come. Our group would nod and I did hear some whispers amongst them, I give my girl a kiss on the cheek and then make my way over to where the rest of our group were sitting to discuss more. While I watched Katniss sit in a corner watching Peeta, with an look of slight hatred on her face, as she would tightly clutch her bow in her hands.