Evaluations,Pre-Game Interviews, And Masquerade Ball

Cato's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of Brutus knocking on (Y/N) door, telling us to get up and get ready for evaluations today. I kiss my girl on the forehead and tell her to get up, or we will be late for evaluations.

She then shot up in bed and started running around the room in a hurry to get ready. We both headed to the bathroom for a quick shower, and after we got done with that, I watched my girl brush her hair and put it up in a messy ponytail (if you have short hair, I'm going to make it like a cute spiky style). She did put on a little bit of make-up, but not much—just some eyeliner and lip gloss.

Once we were dressed, we headed to the dining room to grab a quick breakfast. I grabbed myself some bacon and eggs with a side of toast, while Y/N grabbed some oatmeal with some fruits and poured some orange juice.

Enobaria is eating a bagel with bacon and eggs; she and Brutus both have coffee; and he is having an omelet with some toast. As we are eating, both of them make sure to remind us to do our best and try to score as high as possible. The higher we score, the more sponsors we get, and that means we will stay alive longer.

We both nod and keep eating; once we are finished, they both give us a good luck hug and tell us that we will see them later on tonight, and they will tell us more about tonight's masquerade ball while we are pulled aside for interview practice. We hugged them and thanked them for all they had done for us. We then headed out the door, and I pushed the elevator button.

I could see that Y/N was nervously playing with her hands and trying to calm herself down. I then turned toward her and held her close to me. I say to her,

"We are going to do just fine, ok, babe? So don't worry about it; I know we'll get decent scores and win. I love you, princess."

I kiss her, and I feel her kiss me back with so much passion; it was like we were back at home in District 2 and not in this hallway in The Capitol. We were so entranced by our kiss that we didn't even hear the elevator stop at our floor. I did hear giggling that belonged to Mari, as I heard her say,

"Do you guys want us to let you guys get the next elevator?"

I smile and playfully flip her the bird, as I am still kissing my girl. We break off our kiss and get into the elevator with Cliff and her. We talk about what we are going to do for our evaluations.

Mari tells me she is going to do bows and arrows, while Cliff says he is going to be doing Axes. I tell them I am doing swords, and (Y/N) is going to go with knives. We do talk about the ball and what we are going to wear.

We get to the bottom floor and head toward the military-green metal door at the end of the hall. The doors automatically open, and we walk in and see other tributes sitting on the benches.

The order is female to male for the sitting arrangement. Mari hugs us both and wishes us luck, and Cliff gives me a handshake and a friendly hug to (Y/N).

We take our seats and talk to Marvel. When Glimmer's name was called, Peeta and Katniss were the last two tributes to show up in the waiting room. She walks through the silver metal door that the game makers used as the evaluation room. Marvel tells me that she is going to try bows and arrows, but she is a terrible fucking shot.

We snickered at what he said; he, on the other hand, is going to use spears or bows and arrows in the games, and we both wished him good luck. As he does for us.

Glimmer comes out with a smile on her face, and she makes an attempt to give me a flirty wink. I roll my eyes at her as she leaves the room. Marvel's name is called, and he gets up. He takes a deep breath and walks through the doors. I feel my girl grab my hand, knowing she is next. I squeeze her hand in a comforting manner, and she looks over at me and smiles at me.