Ball Preparations

"Who are you going with to the ball?" Harry asks as you both sign your names for staying at Hogwarts.

Every year, you tried to influence Harry to stay with you for the holidays, but he never did.

Since the Yule Ball was on Christmas day, you didn't beg him to come with you this time.

Practically the entire school was staying.

"I dunno, I haven't asked anyone yet. And no one's asked me either."

"Well, if we both end up lonesome and without a date, you can come with me."

You smile.

"Deal."

After all, he only meant as friends, right?

Something told you that he hadn't.

"That won't happen anyways, your going to have girls coming for you left right and center."

"Yeah right."

"Watch." You step aside as a girl makes her way towards Harry and asks if he'd like to go with her.

He straight up told her no.

"Harry, your going to end up alone if you turn down all the girls." You looked at him. "Who is it?"

"What?"

"Who do you want to go with?"

"N-nobody in particular."

"Cmon Harry, spit it out."

"I kinda like Cho." He said it so quietly that if you hadn't seen his mouth move you would be sure he hadn't said anything at all.

"She's cute."

"Don't you go after her as well."

"I won't. She's not bi."

(Ignore this if your not bisexual or lesbian, I just don't want those people to feel left out.)

Harry laughs.

"Anyone you've got your eye on?"

"Not really."

"Are you sure?"

"I think so. But between you and me, Cedric's kinda cute."

He snorted.

"That's between you and all the girls at this school, Y/N."

"Whatever."

He wasn't lying though.

. . .

You and the twins had just finished a game of exploding snap in the common room when you guys noticed Harry and Ron's presence.

"Have a date for the dance, boys?" You ask.

It had been almost a week since your conversation with Harry and it was only a day until the Yule Ball.

They shook their heads.

"Get a move on, or all the good one's will be taken." Said George.

"Oh yeah? Have you got a date?" Challenged Ron.

You knew bloody well that George hadn't but that didn't stop him.

"Watch this."
"Oi! Angelina!" He called.
Angelina and her posse of friends turned around from where they were whisper-gossiping.

"What?" She asked.

"Wanna go to the ball with me?"

Omigod. George had no lady skills at all.
Nevertheless, Angelina replied with "Sure." And retreated back to whisper-gossiping with her friends.