Square One

"I want you all to write a meter of parchment on what you've learned today." Says Snape's drawling voice as the bell sounds.

You start to pack up your things, when Snape calls your name.

"Miss Y/L/N, please stay behind."

You sigh and make your way over to Snape's desk, giving the twins a 'pray for me' look as they leave the classroom.

"It has come to my attention that you have actually managed to get something into your students heads."

"Thank you... I think..."

"You've been doing so well, that I am pleased to inform you that next year you are tutoring them again."

"What?! I thought this was punishment, not a forever thing—"

"Well it is now." Snape smiles maliciously, his sallow skin practically glowing with menace.

"Ok."

It's not like you didn't like tutoring anyways, right?

Too bad you didn't get paid.

"Have fun on the other side, Y/N." Says George.

"Oh haha, very funny. I actually enjoy tutoring, thank you very much."

"Didn't sound like it in there." George replies.

"Whatever. I actually have to tutor right now. I'll see you later." You turn and go to the classroom that you usually went to for Harry.

"How's your day going?" Harry asks as you set your bag down on a table.

"Eh. Snape wants me to tutor you next year."

"Doesn't sound too bad." Harry smiles.

"Let's just get started, you big Gryffindork." You smile and squeeze his shoulder.

"Alright, focus focus focus," You say as you flip through the pages of your library book on tutoring. "Aha! Focusing!"

You wave your wand after checking that no teachers are watching you, and Ron appears by Harry.

"Ron?" He asks, but Ron just continues to sit still.

"It's a fake." You say. "Watch. I wave my wand like this—"

"And I can talk like this." Says the Ron duplicate.

"That's... that's wicked." Says Harry. "I love magic."

You wave your wand.

"So do I." Says the Ron duplicate.

"Now, the purpose of this exercise is that Ron's going to try to distract you while you attempt to make a potion."

"Ok."

"So," Starts the duplicate, "how's your day been, Harry?"

"Uh... fine I guess." Harry adds a pinch of sea dust to his potion.

"Hermione will NOT shut up about house elves! Bloody hell!"

"That 'bloody hell' was out of place." Says Harry.

"Oh, shut up. I say bloody hell all the bloody time." Says the duplicate.

You and Harry laugh.

This was going to be a fun lesson.

. . .

"Ok, I'll see you later Harry. I'm going to find the twins."

"See you later then."