Thank Merlin For Fred Weasley

"Ugggghhhhh," you groaned, turning over on your bed. "I hate being suspended."

"You'll get out of it soon — ahhh!" Angelina cut herself off with a scream, her timer was up for talking to you. Yep, in Hogwarts, when you were suspended, everyone in your dorm had a timer on them. From the moment they started talking to you to the moment they stopped, their timer started ticking. Everyone had two hours, and Angelina had talked to you so much that hers was already up within the first day.

Angelina's mouth moved as if she was talking but you couldn't hear anything. Once she realized this, she exclaimed something angrily, a swear word perhaps, before stomping away after giving you a wave.

You chased after her but the suspension spell was too powerful for you, like an invisible force holding you captive inside your own dorm. You glanced at your bedside table where dinner appeared and grudgingly went to go eat it, wishing you were anywhere but there. Right now, everyone was in the Great Hall, enjoying the feast. You? Stuck inside, with only a window to tease you.

Wait... a window?

No, no, no that's stupid.

But... is it?

Yes, it is!

Well...

Merlin, whose idea was it to put the daring and bravest students in the tallest tower! Honestly, talk about designing flaws!

Yeah, I mean, I'm getting off topic! The plan is to go out the window... but how?

Jeez, you are not a Ravenclaw.

Ouch! Why am I roasting myself? I should just jump out the window!

But—

Nobody listens to their smarter inner self anyways! Yolo!

After having a battle with your own thoughts, you kicked open the window — after several tries, and, oww! — and did probably the stupidest thing that you've ever done in your entire life.

"Fuck, no." You said, your sense coming back to you, as you glanced at the microscopic people about a hundred or so feet down.

You promptly turned around, taking out your wand to close the window back, when your foot... wait for it... wait for it... SLIPPED!!!

(Mini a/n: merlin, y/n has the worst luck amirite? Also writing this is so much fun it's such a fun book lol)

"FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCKKK!!!" You screamed as you foot wobbled, and then, to your amazement, you managed to fall backwards, screaming your heart out.

As you fell, you couldn't help but think back onto your life as if flashed before your eyes. Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly for someone like Ginny, it had a lot to do with Fred. Matter of fact, he knew you since you were just a little girl, and you knew him since he was just a little boy — a connection most people don't have. You noticed that whenever Fred was in your life, you were laughing or smiling, but without him? Well, not so much. You came upon quite a lot of realizations in the short time you were falling, and suddenly you realized that you wouldn't survive if you didn't do something — and quick, too.

Trying to hold back your scream, you tried a cushioning charm but every time you did it was too early. To save yourself with that, you'd have to have great timing, and while you were falling, let's just say your timing wasn't so great.

Welp, you thought miserably, this is the end. I haven't achieved anything but, uh, fuck I'm going to die what am I supposed to do?!?!

And soon, you just couldn't help it: you were crying. You didn't want to die, not really, not yet. You had so much more of your life to live, you couldn't waste it all just cause of something stupid like breaking out of your own suspension that was notably well deserved. And what would people think? Would they think it was murder? Suicide? Would the school get in trouble? After something like that, Hogwarts might have to close down... no parent in their right mind would send someone there if someone had died just cause of a suspension. Merlin, you did not want to ruin the school's reputation. Speaking of reputation... what about Fred? He's been with you your whole life, what are you going to do if you don't make it? Or, more accurately, what will he do? Will he forget about you? Deny of your existence? Fuck, you wanted Fred right now. So bad, you just might scream his name — scream his name! What's wrong with you? Get help, now!!!

"FRED!!!" You called with the last of your energy, closing your eyes as you gave in to your undeniable fate.

. . .

[Fred's POV, three minutes ago]

Thanks to their amazing bribery skills, Fred and George had convinced Madam Pomfrey to let them out a couple of days early as the potion had kicked in and they were doing well. They took full advantage of the free period and had gone to practice Quidditch on the empty Quidditch field, as everyone had gone to dinner but they had already eaten in the hospital wing.

"Do you hear something?" George asked after a moment, straining his ears to hear and cupping his left ear.

"Huh?" Fred did the same, but he couldn't hear anything.

"It sounds like someone's... screaming." George said in a weirded-out tone.

"What? That doesn't make any sense..." Fred trailed, staying still on his broom for once to try to hear.

"Yeah, it sounds like—"

"FRED!!!" Came the unmistakable scream of probably the most important person in Fred's life.

Fred glanced up at the sky to see none other than Y/N Y/L/N falling right through it.

"She's going to get hurt!" George called, but he was frozen in the spot with fear.

Something stirred in him. All of a sudden, Fred knew what he had to do. He had to save Y/N, no matter what.

. . .

[Your POV]

Right before you hit the ground, closing your eyes to die graciously, you felt someone grasp you in their arms, your body fitting perfectly into theirs. They cradled you, flying — on a broom, perhaps? — only mere feet away from where your splattered guts would've been.

They held you tightly, cradling you, hugging you, as if they loved you with all their heart. As soon as you found the power to, you glanced up at your savior — none other than Fred Weasley.

"Merlin, Y/N," Fred said, his chest heaving against yours.

"Fred," you smiled breathlessly, happy beyond relief.

"What the—?!"

But you cut him off, giving him a big fat kiss as if it was your last — which, just a few moments ago, you didn't think you'd be able to do. You loved him, and there was nothing in the entire world that could change that, not even in the face of death.

. . .

A/n: omg! dramaaaaa! woah, woah, woah, almost died, hold up, wow! sorry about that guys, I just started writing and viola! this is what we got! hope you enjoyed this, and I hope I didn't scare you too much ;)