five

《CHAPTER FIVE》

CARTER APPEARED IN the middle of an alleyway

CARTER APPEARED IN the middle of an alleyway. Luckily, no one was around to see her fall out from thin air. That was what she least needed right now. She walked out of the alley into what seemed to be a town. Compared to what she was usually used to, this was a big difference. There were much more colours, that being the main difference. Buildings towered over her, making her feel tiny. Windows were dotted all along the buildings. This made Carter scrunch up her face in confusion. Shouldn't windows be on the roof?

Tons of people walked along the streets. She was used to seeing a lot of people walking around in the lab, but the people here were talking to one another. They didn't have serious expressions on their face, they smiled and laughed as they joked with their friends or family.

Carter looked seriously out of place in her grey t shirt and trousers. Everyone else wore flattering clothes. Carter's hair was dull and knotted, and even had some twigs in there from the forest. But everyone else's hair was done properly.

The girl walked into the crowds, walking along the street. There were also large versions of the machines that the guards drove. Many of them zoomed by.

Carter soon reached a building that was in the process of being made. She looked up at it, curious. How were people able to make things like that?

It soon came to her attention that something was flying towards the not yet completed building at an alarming rate. Wait, there were two things flying at it.

One of the things was dropped right above the building, the other diving straight in after it. It all happened so quickly that Carter couldn't even process what was happening.

The building began to collapse. Fire erupted in some places. Clouds of smoke began forming all around the building, almost completely obscuring it as it fell to the ground.

People ran and even got out of their machines to get away as smoke spread scarily quickly.

Carter wasn't familiar with smoke, so she didn't know how much damage could be done. She only took a few steps back, making sure that none of the building would collapse anywhere near her.

A large machine came up near the building. Men clad in strange uniforms, and holding large weapons came out of it. They shouted in unison, making their way towards the building.

Carter could see that, in the midst of the pile of rubble, a man shot up. Although, he was large and green, unlike anything Carter had ever seen. He made loud noises, clearly annoyed. However, as he looked around at the damage, a look of confusion replaced his features. His eyes found Carter and she stared back with curiosity. Who was this man?