twenty-one

《CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE》

THE NEXT DAY, CARTER was slightly more prepared

THE NEXT DAY, CARTER was slightly more prepared. She was ready with the basics of what kids were interested in, thanks to Tony.

What surprised her, however, was that at lunch, the topic of conversation strayed to the Avengers. As Carter was taking a sip of water, Elias asked "What do you think about the Avengers?"

Not expecting that, she choked on her water. Quickly putting her bottle back in the table, she began to cough as Aiden reached over to hit her back. Once she composed herself, she muttered "Sorry. Went down wrong."

Now seeing that she was okay, the two boys began to laugh, Carter soon joining in.

"But anyway," said Elias. "Do you like the Avengers?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. They're really... cool."

"Have you heard about the new Avenger?" Aiden asked.

"You mean the really young one?" Questioned Elias. He immediately turned to his best friend, eyes wide open in excitement and a big smile on his face.

"Yeah! It's supposed to be a girl who's really young. Apparently she's been spotted with Tony Stark out in public before! No one's gotten a good picture, though. They're all really blurry."

Carter tried to cover her growing smile. They thought that she was an Avenger! Her! She was silently relieved that no one had gotten a good picture of her with Tony, however. If everyone knew who she was, her life would definitely not be normal. She made a mental note to be more careful if she ever went anywhere in public with Tony again.

"Which Avenger is your favourite?" Aiden asked her.

Carter thought for a moment. "Probably Ste-- Captain America."

"Mine's Thor!" Said Elias.

"Iron man is definitely the best," argued Aiden.

"No way! Thor could easily win against Iron Man. He's a God! The God of thunder!" Elias shot back, rolling his eyes as he did so, as if to say 'duh!'

"Iron Man is way smarter than Thor! He makes his own suits and he's a billionaire!" Aiden said matter of factly.

"That doesn't even nearly compare to a God!"

Their argument continued for the rest of lunch and Carter soon joined in, telling them that Captain America would definitely win in a fight. And even though she didn't say it, he basically did win. Well, kind of. He still managed to get away with Bucky, even though Tony and many other superheroes were against him.