thirty-five

《CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE》

WHEN SHE REGAINED consciousness, she was in a dark room

WHEN SHE REGAINED consciousness, she was in a dark room. She could hear murmuring around her and when she turned her head, she saw Peter and Tony. She stared at them in confusion, wondering why she was lying on a hard floor in a dark room that seemed to be emitting a low buzzing noise.

And then she remembered what had occurred what was probably only moments ago.

"-I didn't want you to be," said Tony.

Peter's eyes flickered over to Carter, who was beginning to sit up. Tony followed his gaze and turned around to the young girl.

She realised then that something felt strange on her arms, legs and torso. When she looked down at her body, she noticed something odd about her suit.

It was still the normal black with the splashes of red around the wrists and ankles, but it seemed more... shiny. It felt more secure on her body and the sudden realisation that it was a new suit, just like Peter's hit her.

"And another kid I told not to come here," he said. "Neither of you understand; this is a one-way ticket. This is-"

"You can't be a friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man if there is no neighbourhood," Peter interrupted.

Tony stopped speaking, staring at Peter in confusion.

"Okay, that didn't really make sense, but you know what I'm trying to say." Peter sounded desperate.

Tony sighed. "Come on, we've got a situation. And you," He pointed at Carter, "better listen to whatever I tell you to do and no going against me under any circumstances. Understand?"

"I just-"

"Do you understand?"

"Yes," she said quietly.

"See him down there, he's in trouble. What's your plan?"

Carter and Peter both walked over to the edge of the platform they were standing on. Crouching down, Carter could see Doctor Strange. He was floating in mid air, almost looking like he was trapped in a cage of large needle-like spikes that were getting dangerously close to his body.

"Um... okay, okay, um... okay." Peter stood up. "Did you ever see this really old movie Aliens?"

When Carter looked at Tony, he looked as if he wanted nothing more than to die on the spot right then and there. "What's the plan? I haven't seen that movie.