Chapter 16

That kiss was all you could think about. Even after Peter left for patrol, it never left your mind and you couldn't help but smile you had your first kiss with Peter.

You hadn't even noticed when you made it to the leaving room after walking around the penthouse. The presence of two other people made you take a step back seeing who it was.

They looked back at you and she shamelessly looked away and stared at the ground. The guy smiled once seeing you and ran to you. And much to your surprise he had super speed.

"Hello Ms. Stark. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Pietro Maximoff." Holding out his hand while speaking, after looking at it for a few seconds you shook hands.

"Come sit down" He said and ran back to the couch sitting next to his sister. You were hesitant but you decided to sit with them. After a few seconds of silence, Wanda spoke up.

"I'm sorry for what happened the other day. I didn't know a smile could be so triggering." She said and you just shrugged.

'It's fine. I should really try to control my anxiety.' Pietro looked so confused.

"Would you mind talking to me through your mind? I don't know sign language," You nodded at her request and started talking in your mind.

'Why are you guys here anyways?'

"Well, your father was worried about something bad happening so he brought in Pietro and I so if anything happens we could help. He said we could be very useful. And now we're basically part of the team, so we could help with other missions." She answered and Pietro just nodded.

'Well I'm sorry our first meet wasn't the best. But at least we're talking now. Let me introduce myself. I'm (Y/N) Stark,' You held your hand out and she gladly took it with a shake.

"I'm Wanda Maximoff. And this is my twin brother Pietro Maximoff." She gestured
towards her brother.

'Nice to meet you both.'

"Wanda. Pietro. We have a mission." Wanda smiled at you before immediately standing up with Pietro and they walked out with Steve but your dad came in after.

"Hey honey. I have to go on a mission. We'll be back in a few days alright? And Pepper will be here the whole time." He said and you nodded with a frown.

"I'm sorry. We'll be back soon." He kissed your forehead then smiled. "Stay safe."

'You too.' You signed and he left after that.

Here you are alone

You looked around and then walked towards the window. There you saw the jet flying away. Once they were out of sight, you sighed.

"Hey. Don't be upset. I should be upset. I was supposed to go on a date with your father but that was canceled because of this mission." You turned around and faced your mother.

'I don't like Dad going on missions that last more than a day or two.' You signed walking towards your mom.

"Yea well, I haven't had much time to spend with the family. I was looking forward to the date but at least I have you. Now, let me in on your life. Tell me what's new." Pepper said pulling her daughter out the room and towards the kitchen.

'Flash is being a great friend.'

"Ah yes, the famous Eugene Thompson." She said getting out mugs from the cabinet. "You know, I always thought he was going to to be the bully. Since he used to bully Peter and all. But he's a good man."

'Yea I changed him for the better. He can be mean but the friend kind of mean. You know?' You signed and your mother

'How'd you know he used to bully Peter?' Pepper smirked at her daughter. "Sweetie. I'm Pepper Potts. Well... a Stark but I'm Pepper Potts. I know everything. You can't keep secrets for a long time because I'll just find that out." She said and started to boil some water.

"Like... I know something between you and Peter. Something big. Because you're in a better mood than usual." She said and leaned forward on the table. "Now tell me what happened. Because I'll just find out sooner or later."

You just blushed madly and looked down at your hands, smiling.

'We kissed.'

Pepper stood up straight with a smile. "Really?!" You nodded and she walked around the table, towards you. "That's your first kiss, isn't it? Oh my gosh, my daughter had her first kiss... MY DAUGHTER HAD HER FIRST KISS!" She then hugged the girl tightly, you doing the same as you smiled and laughed.

"See. Things are turning around for you. Your life is getting better." Pepper said as she pulled away with a smile.

'Yea I suppose so.'

"Hey look, lets go shopping. How does that sound?" Pepper asked and you thought about it.

'Can we go tomorrow? And also you might want to finish making the tea.' You pointed at the water and she just chuckled before doing the rest.

Soon, she handed you the cup of tea. The two drank in a comfortable silence. "Of course we can go tomorrow. But any who. How's school? You doing ok?" You nodded at her question.

'Talk about work mom.'

You drank your tea as your mom talked about work. Some people were getting on her nerves so she was thinking about firing them. Others kept messing stuff up, and one kept interrupting meetings. It stressed her out a bit.

"But you shouldn't worry about me." She said with a wry laugh.

'Seems stressful.' You signed and your mother nodded in response. She then took her time to look at your features.

"But soon, we're going to have to pass this all to you. Your father wants to." You looked at her with a bit of shock and confusion.

'I'm not fit to run the industry.' You signed, worried that you might fail your father if he ever did, because you wouldn't be able to manage.

Pepper sighed taking a sip from her tea then placing the cup down. She was going to tell you that it was going to happen but she thought against it. "Look, you don't have to. It's just what your father wants, but it's your life. You are the one to make your own life choices." You couldn't smile, sure you wanted to, but your dad wants to pass this down all to you and it would make you feel bad if you didn't accept to.

'But I think I should because if daddy wants me to then I will. I don't want to fail you and I don't want to fail him.' You signed, mouthing everything this time. One thing you never really enjoyed was eye contact, but it always made you feel safe when you looked right into your mothers eyes. She grabbed your hands, smile creeping onto her face, as she kept her eye contact.

"Look, you don't have to do it for him or me. Yea, maybe your dad wants it to happen but we wouldn't care if you didn't want to. You can go do your own thing. I would always be proud of you no matter what. Don't worry about it. Plus, if you would accept, you still have quite a while til it happens."

You smiled at your mother before retracting your hands and standing up. 'I'm going to go take a nap.' Pepper responded with a small 'okay' so you went up to your room.

You just collapsed on your bed with a sigh. Glancing at your phone on the nightstand, you thought about texting Peter to see if he was ok. But you thought against it, not wanting to distract him. So then you just took the nap that you said you would.

~
A/N: I'm sorry for not updating much, like I said, first day of high school is coming up and I'm scared, nervous, worried, and stressed about it. But I made this sorta filler chapter. And I'm trying to figure out how I'd like it to end, we're still probably a few more chapters away from the end though. But I hoped you sorta enjoyed this, and please vote and comment. And maybe take a chance to read my other books.

Question:
Do you like Disney or do you like Disney Descendants?

Anyways, bye love ya.💗