Chapter 32

"I'm enjoying having this hangout with some of my favorite people."

You were currently in the living room with Nat, Clint, Peter, MJ, Ned, and Flash. Unfortunately, Thor and Loki were off world and wouldn't be back for a while. Tony comes by every once in a while to talk but he's been busy with meetings all day.

You had all just went to get ice cream and then quickly went back to the tower before more people noticed the avengers with them.

"We haven't been able to do this for a while." Nat said as she licked her ice cream.

"Well my life has completely changed since I started public school." You said and Nat laughed. "Sure did. A lot of things have happened. Your life is crazy, (Y/N)" she responded.

"How's your leg healing?" Flash asked and you looked at it. "I mean it's been a week or two. It doesn't hurt as much as it did. And sadly I don't have fast healing like someone here." Everyone turned to look at Peter.

"Hey! I didn't ask for my powers." Peter pouted as he continued eating his ice cream.

"We know." You giggled.

"So do you plan to go back to school."

That was the question wasn't it? You loved your friends and you were so glad you could meet them but public school has always been bad luck in a way. You've never had a good, peaceful year. But you're speaking now, so maybe it'll be different? Though why should you need to speak for people to give a little respect?

"I honestly don't know."

Everyone was silent and looked around. Peter placed a hand in your shoulder and gave you a reassuring smile. "No matter what your answer is, we'll still hangout." He said.

"Yeah, you're never getting rid of us," Mj smirked.

You smiled at your friends and they all gathered towards you for a group hug. This is honestly the best thing you could ask for.

Later that night, when you were getting ready for bed, Tony walked in. "Hey, kiddo." He closed the door behind him and walked to sit in your bed. "I've brought you more pain killers if you need some. Bruce said you're healing just fine so you should be okay in no time."

You took the pain killers from your dad and placed it in your nightstand. "There something else you want to tell me?" He looked at you confused and you rolled your eyes. "You're never this soft spoken unless you need to say something." Tony laughed and patted your shoulder. "Guilty."

"I just needed to talk to you about things. One regarding school. Another being a press conference. Pictures started circling around that show what happened and your face in those pictures has been shared. Pepper and I wanted to know if you would like to speak to the press or if we should tell them off for being so nosy."

You laughed and shook your head. Maybe you should finally speak and reveal yourself to the press. It could be good for you. Especially since you haven't spoken to anyone besides your friends and family, still using sign language and the text to speech app with everyone else.

Then an idea popped into your head. "Hey, dad. Do you think you could do something big for me?"

"Anything."

You and Tony worked really hard for the next week and he and Pepper worked on setting up a conference. Then Monday came the following week and you were preparing for the conference. You changed into more professional clothing and fixed your hair and prepared for your speech. Behind the door, you were pacing throughout the room trying to remember what you were going to say. Everyone was in there for moral support but only Peter, Nat, and Clint would be going out on the little stage when it's time for you to go.