Chapter 24

-Chapter is all over the place and I don't know it feels rushed! So no hate, please.🥺

Pepper sat next to Peter on the couch with a sigh. "Tony's trying the best he can to track (Y/N)." She said looking at the ground. Peter nodded a bit not caring until he hears someone found something on you.

Ned, MJ, and Flash had went home knowing Peter needed some time for himself but they would for sure be back later.

There was silence which made Peter very uncomfortable. "Look, Peter. I'm glad you told me about my daughter because if you didn't, I'd be waiting for her to come home but would worry when I see she doesn't. But it's hard to look at you the same knowing you hurt her. I don't know what's real or not anymore but you made my daughter heartbroken. You seemed to really like her but then—"

Peter mumbled something which made Pepper to stop talking and look at him. "What was that?" She asked not understanding what Peter had said.

"I-I..."

He stopped and looked at Pepper. "I didn't hurt (Y/N). I would never do that. You have to trust me on that. I never called Ned that night, I was actually enjoying our date. Wanted to do it again, but someone did another illusion on her to make her believe I did something wrong. Or I'm believing it was an illusion, I mean that's all she's been seeing lately." Peter explained on the verge of tears.

"And you're telling me the truth Peter?" He nodded and a tear ran down his cheek.

"I-I would never hurt her. She's part of my life and I wouldn't want her to leave. She's my world. I-I love her." Peter started sobbing as Peppers eyes widened for a second hearing Peter say that out loud. "I feel like everything's my fault. I should have took better care of her. But I didn't, I let her out of my sight and now she's gone."

Pepper pulled Peter into a hug and he did hug back. After a few minutes, he was starting to calm down. "Don't blame yourself. I blame me. I was oblivious to see someone was after her." Pepper said and pulled away.

"And I'm grateful my daughter found you to be in her life." She said and stood up to walk out.

Peter was looking at the ground and a sad smile appeared on his face, "I'm grateful I found her."

Since finding out that you have to send confirmation, Peter would constantly go to your lab to see if there was anything on you yet but would always get 'No, Sorry Peter' as a response. He was hoping you'd do it soon.

"I know you're just an AI but I'm probably annoying you. But Im going to ask again, has (Y/N) sent anything?"

"No Peter. Don't stress too much, (Y/N) wouldn't want you stressing about her. And yes, I am just an AI so you don't annoy me." BRIONY replied, Peter rubbing his face.

Peter sat down on your seat for a good 20 minutes before he decided to go get something to drink. When he went into the kitchen he saw Ned.

"Hey, Ned. I thought you weren't going to be back 'til like... late later." Peter said opening the fridge.

"Yea, well I know I was supposed to give you space but you need your best friend." Ned said as Peter took out a carton of orange juice.

He watched Peter grabbing a glass and pouring the juice inside. "Listen Peter. I can't tell you how sorry I am. She was my friend too. And I know you're suffering but the last two days there's been robberies and Spiderman wasn't there to save the day." Ned started.

Peter sat down across from Ned taking a sip of his juice. "(Y/N) needed and wanted to be loved and you gave her that love. And she obviously loved you-"