Chapter 6: Evaluation

I couldn’t sleep that night. Void kept pacing around my room until I told him to go back to his photo and let me sleep. Not like I got much sleep anyway. I was too busy thinking. Void was right about one thing earlier; we could get revenge. I wasn’t sure how I would get it, but I would.
    I was really tired that morning. I hadn’t gotten any sleep that night.
“Bad night?”
Rin asked as I sleepily trudged over to him.
“Mmmm.”
“Well, wake up some. Evaluation is today!”
“Wait, what!?”
“Sorry it’s so sudden. We’re not allowed to tell the hatchlings when they are.”
“That’s dumb.”
I said, annoyed.
“Well, I’m sure the Head Raven with be impressed with Void. Where is he?”
“Oh, he’s in his photo. I’ll let him out.”
I reached into my pocket, but couldn’t find the photo.
“Ah, shit! I left it in my room! Be right back!”
I yelled running back as fast as I could to my room.
“Alex, wait! You’re up in five minutes!”
Sprinting even faster after hearing that, I burst into my room and ran to the dresser. Grabbing the photo I ran out, slamming the door behind me. By the time I got back the person before me was just about done being evaluated.
“I *huff* got *huff* him.”
“Good job, I’ve never seen you run so fast. Also no swearing. Don’t think I didn’t notice.”
Rolling my eyes I stepped up to the Head Raven.
“No ghosts?”
He said in a stern and disappointed voice.
“No, I have a ghost sir. I’ll tell him to come out.”
Telling Void to come out of his picture, he slowly slid out and floated up next to me. I couldn’t see the Head Raven’s face(It was covered by a mask he was wearing), but his voice seemed impressed.
“A Vortex? Haven’t seen one of those in years. You didn’t help her catch it I hope, Rin?”
“Of course not sir. I was in a different room when I heard her scream. When I ran in she was standing there with her camera out.”
“Mmm. Good job hatchling. Next for evaluation please!”
Moving out of the line I felt slightly happy for what seemed like the first time in months. Rin came up next to me and said he had to go help with catching a group of poltergeists and that he was proud of me. With that, he rushed toward a group of other Ravens. Waving goodbye, I started walking toward my room to catch up on some sleep.