Chapter 12: Saved

I woke up and was still brutally tired (as usual). Looking out the window on the wall next to me I saw the moon rising. I had become more of a night owl because we couldn't do much in the morning. It had been three days since I killed the other man. I hadn't eaten anything since then rather than that gross ass squirrel, and it was starting to get to me. Void and I had found an old house on the outskirts of the city and decided to stay there. If we were found we could move to a different one on the other side; this city had a lot of old run-down buildings, which was better for us. I looked over and saw Void was still sleeping. He always slept late. Rolling my eyes I stood up and stretched. Suddenly I felt a stabbing pain in my chest.
“Ow! Shit!”
Void woke up startled.
“Wuz happenin’ who'd you kill now.”
“I didn't kill anyone yet you ass, it's my fucking chest it's killing me.”
“Do demons have to eat?”
“I think so, why.”
“Maybe you’re just hungry.”
“Augh, well this feel even worse than when I wasn't ‘dead’”
“Well sucks to be you I'm going back to sleep.”
“Ok, fine.”
Void rolled over and fell straight back to sleep. How he fell asleep so fast was beyond me. I decided that I should just suck it up and get used to eating people, then went through the wall to the outside. I was gonna find someone to eat. I should just get used to it instead of painfully dragging it on.
    Now finding someone was the hard part. I wasn't just going to go kill people who were innocent people just trying to live their lives. I was going to target the ones ruining those people's lives. Considering how lack the city's security was I should be able to find someone. I decided to check anywhere shady looking first. Alleyways, rundown neighborhoods, etc. Jumping onto the roof of the building next to our’s I started my way around the city. For awhile I didn't see anyone, and I was about to give up when I saw what looked like a mother and her young daughter. I was about to move on thinking nothing of it when I saw a man behind them. He was dressed in a dark coat and had a baseball cap on pulled down to cover his face. He also had black gloves on, and was most definitely following them. The mother hadn't appeared to notice him while making sure her daughter didn't run off into the street. They turned a corner into a darker street and the man did too. Crouching down I waited to see if he tried anything suspicious. Soon after, I saw him reach into his pocket and begin to pull out what was clearly a gun. Before he even got to using it however I launched myself to the ground, grabbing him and throwing him against a wall into a nearby alleyway. Quickly I ducked into it before anyone saw me. Looking around the corner I saw the woman had turned around, but shrugged and then kept walking. Letting out a sigh of relief, I turned to the man I had just thrown against a wall. He was knocked out cold, which would be expected for a person who’d just been thrown into a brick wall. Kicking away the gun I started checking through the man's pockets to see if he had any ID. He didn't but instead I found a badge. A Raven badge. Of course. They thought they could get away with anything didn't they. Turning it over I saw the man's name was “Robert Hughes”. Chucking the badge behind me I saw he was starting to wake up. 
“Well, let's get this over with.”
I said with a sigh. Before he woke up I stabbed him through the heart. I didn't feel like moving him so I decided to just eat there. It wasn't that bad. Similar to just eating the squirrell. I guess it was more of the concept of what I was eating that disturbed me. Also, the aftermath was pretty gruesome. Let's just say his body didn't look very pleasant. Standing up I began to head back to the building me and Void were currently living in. I wonder if Void is awake yet?

I rolled over and pretended to go back to sleep. I wasn't tired, I just needed some time alone. Peeking, I saw Alex leave through the wall. Good. Sitting up I stretched, then leaned back in the air. How long should I stay here? She doesn't know this, but I actually know a fair amount about demons. I don’t know how but it’s one of the few things I learned when I was alive that I can remember. And I know they lose more of their humanity and previous personality the longer they exist. If I stay too long will she lose herself and kill me? No… I don't think she could bring herself to do that… right? Sighing, I sat up straight. I had something else I needed to consider. Something I felt about her…