Chapter 19: Feelings

Void woke up a few hours after the incident with the younger boys. I had spent the time looking through the papers and thinking about when and how I would get to them. Void half walked half stumbled into the room. He still looked half asleep.
“You look like a middle-aged lady who hasn’t had her morning coffee yet.”
“Well I’m basically a copy of you so that just means you look really old.”
“Hey!”
I threw one of the lamp shards at him. It went right through him of course but it was more doing it at all that mattered.
“The heck happened to the lamp?”
I shrugged.
“I accidentally broke it.”
He seemed too tired to think it sounded suspicious and sat down next to me. He saw the papers lying in a pile next to me.
“You been looking at those?”
He motioned to the papers.
“Yeah, it’s scary how much information he can get on so many people so quickly. Just have a look.”
I handed him the papers. After a few minutes of skimming over them he spoke.
“Damn, that is kinda creepy. Guess he’s got a lot of connections.”
“Yeah, I guess so.”
“Where’d the fifth one go?”
“Hmm?”
“When I had these back at Abe’s hut there were five of these.”
Void held up the papers.
“Oh, I burned the fifth one. They weren’t even sure if the Raven was still alive and if he was where he was. Thought it’d be pointless to look.”
I looked away out the window saying this. Shit. I always did that when I lied. Hopefully Void doesn’t know this.
“Sounds reasonable.”
He responded. But the look on his face told me that he thought something was up.
“Anyway, what are you gonna do now?”
“What do you mean?”
“Well, I’m not going to drag you everywhere with me. I guarantee you’ll get annoyed if I bring you everywhere.”
“I really wouldn’t mind…”
Void looked uncomfortable saying this.
“You ok?”
His face got even more red.
“Y-Yeah, I’m fine.” 
He seemed to be getting embarrassed at the most random times these days. What made him so uncomfortable around me sometimes?
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. Does he maybe…? Nah that’s ridiculous. We’re just good friends. Maybe he remembered something from his life before he died that embarrassed him? But how would I be tied to that? Whatever. It can’t be that. He couldn’t possibly… he doesn’t… like me… right?