Introduction

〰️ Myrielle Lannister 〰️

Riding in the brown oak carriage heading towards my betrothal castle, was nerve wracking. I couldn't stop being nervous, as the carriage bounce along the dirty road. Staring out the red and gold curtains as the landscape blur by, wishing Delia my friend rode with us in the carriage but my mother forced her to ride with the other servants. Claiming she wanted some alone time with me, which was funny because she hadn't spoken a word since we started a week ago. So of course every night when we stop to rest the the horses I demanded Delia share my tent. At least we could talk and play silly tricks on my mother and the older servants.

"Myrielle are you okay, my sweet girl?", my mother says form the other side of the carriage

Sighing heavily, I thought about lying and saying, 'Yes, I'm fine. I'm just excited about being married off to a total stranger', but instead I just went for a simple answer.

"Just nervous"

"It's aspected for ever bride to be. I was nervous when I was betrothal to your father. but look at how beautiful that turned out to be", my mother said reaching out touching my hand that lasted in my lap

Leaning back onto the valet red cushion bench and the long noodle like gold stain pillows, "What is Lord Leith Lannister like?", I asked forcing a smile

My mother smiled at my questioned and answered as I knew she would with every detail so precise and detailed in his description.

"Leith is not outward in his emotions, and has a strong conscious and sense of righteousness. He would rather know he is true to himself, honorable, and taking the moral high ground, then making the people around him happy or comfortable. Also he is highly intelligent and witty, so be warned that can always be dangerous because his a smooth talker. Lastly, I am told his extremely tall and handsome", my mother finished them grab my face hard

"Be warned his aunt, lady Debbie Marbrand is as mad and intelligent as Cersei Lannister. Don't be a fool and let her out wit you child. Always keep your guard up. We may be family through blood but she will not hesitate in spilling that same blood", My mother hissed with piercing dark green eyes, "So do not give her a reason to doubt your loyalty"

"Yes mother, I will not fail you", I say staring back into her eyes

Releasing my face with a grin, "Good because I would hate to have to kill family"

Swallowing hard, I knew my mother wasn't playing around. She was serious about killing her and if my new betrothal put up a fight about it she would kill him too. Glancing down at my blue velvet cloak and gold buttons that line it. I subconsciously play with my emerald engagement ring, as I roll it around my finger.

My mother as always put me in the middle of hard situations but this was different. I didn't owe my new betrothal loyalty but I still didn't like the idea of murdering them.

Sighing heavily, as I notice we started to slow down, "We must be getting close", I say pulling the curtains to the side looking out at the nearing the small village his house governs.

As we entered to village the people cheered and tossed flowers up in the air. Seating up on my knees, I leaned at bit of of the carriage as I wave to each passing face, laughing and smiling.

Glancing back at my mother, "Mother was this to be aspected. Why didn't you tell me?", I asked then turned around to continue to smile, wave and catch flowers.

"They didn't say anything about a grand welcoming in our letters", my mother smirked

"Really maybe they wanted it as a surprise for us or maybe my betrothal did it as welcoming without lady Debbie Marbrand knowledge"