Choji X Reader: cutesy

"No one wants to have him on their team. He only slows us down and we always lose." You hear one of the boys complain.

You look down from your position on the roof and see your twin, Shikamaru glaring at 3 boys. The boys are refusing to play with Choji going as far as to say they're fine with one less player as long as they dont have to play with Choji. You watch your anger building up at the boys as Choji walks off but not before stopping to release a blue and black butterfly carefully from a spiders web. You smile at that and watch as he walks off in a different direction.

"You know you guys didnt have to be so rude. He just wanted to play with us." Shika glares as he reprimands the boys.

You hope down from your place on the roof and start walking in the same direction you had watched Choji walk earlier.

"Hey! (Y/n) where are you going?" One of the boys calls out to you.

You stop and turn only slightly with a sneer. "I dont play with bullies." You say before continuing on your way.

You stop at a snack stand and get a big bag of bbq chips and 2 strawberry Ramune. Just as you're about to pay Shika comes around the corner and saunters slowly over to you.

"I thought you were playing ninja with those rude boys." You speak boredly.

"Like you said, I don't like to play with bullies." Shika shrugs and kicks a rock.

"Hmp, one more strawberry Ramune please." You say and the store clerk adds another to your bag.

You pay and head off toward the roof the two of you like to cloud watch on. When you arrive you find Choji sitting with his father. You walk over and offer a warm smile which clearly takes Choji by surprise but causes a small smile to rise on his fathers face.

"You're sitting in my spot you know." Shika speaks with a smirk causing the sweet moment to be over.

You hit him on the head with a glare. "Cha! Dont be so rude!" You scold.

He only glares as he rubs his head the altercation causing Chojis dad to chuckle.

"What Shikamaru meant to say was that we come up here often and lay back to cloud watch. I was hoping you would be here." You smile and sit next to him, pulling out a strawberry ramune offering it to him.

He stares at you in awe for a moment before he smiles and accepts the soda. You hand Shika his as he sits next to you and pulls out the bbq chips.

"They're my favorite, wanna share?" You ask.

"Hey, those are my favorite too!" Choji smiles.

You all lay and eat chips as you stare up at the clouds pointing out the different shapes you see. That day you and Shika made your best friend. That day you started to fall for the sweet kind hearted boy, Choji.

~3 years later~

"We're so proud of you all! Passing your ninja training, recommend by your sensei for the Chunin exams. You all have come such a long way." Choza speaks with a bright smile.

You all were out to eat with your parents and Asuma for the night before the Chunin Exams. Your parents had coincidentally gotten drunk.

"I want to show you something. Come with me." Youwhisper to Choji as you get up and sneak away.

He soon follows you and the two of you make your way down the busy streets of Konoha. You lead him through the woods, a bright blue light coming into view letting you know you were close. As you approach the clearing a few glowing blue butterfly filter pasr. Choji looks at them in amazement causing a smile to form on your face as you grab his hand pulling his attention to the clearing.

He looks out with a quiet gasp as he steps forward slowly. There were glowing golden and pink flowers littering the meadow and dozens of the blue butterflies going from flower to flower. You sit down and look out at the glowing field and Choji finally sits next to you.

"I've wanted to show you this place for a while, but it never seemed like the right time. Shika was always with us and then when Ino came along we basically never had time to sneak off like this." You speak softly.

"It reminds me of you. Pure, unique, beautiful." Choji says as he stares out at the scene in front of him.

You feel a blush stretch across your face as you look back out at the shimmering meadow. You two sit in silence for a long while, you finally gather the courage and reach over taking Chojis hand in your own. You feel him tense up momentarily before he relaxes and intertwins his fingers with yours.

"(Y-y/n) do you think....maybe you would want to go on a date?" He stutters nervously.

You look over at him with a big smile. "Well, it took you long enough to ask me. Only had to wait years." You tease.

"Is that a yes?" He asks as you look at each other.

"No." You tell him as he deflates a bit. "Its a hell yes!" You tackle him in a hug both of you falling into the flowers. You sit up, still hovering above him a bit your (h/c) hair falling to one side.

He lifts a hand and combs your hair behind your ear before leaning up and giving you a sweet kiss.

"Its about damn time." You hear a snicker from the treeline and both of you quickly sit up to see Shika with a smirk plastered on his face.

This pic was to good not to add ❤😂🥰