A Premonition Dream?!

Dehradun Hotel     7:15 am 

NANDINI :

Ever had a Premonition Dream? 

Well, it seems like I'm about to experience one. The situation I'm in right now is very close to my dream. Manik is coming closer...I just feel rooted at my place. I don't know how to react but I can feel effect of various hormones in my body. Its strange...Being a doctor I have studied a lot about this but never experienced anything in real. Trust me when I say I exactly know the reason of every change happening in me within last 3 minutes and I very well know where this is going... 

Moreover the fact that I anticipated to Manik in my dream is being no help. But you know what that smirk on his face it is arising a kind of anger in me...Of course the anger is very much subsided though. As I have one of the most Alluring site in front of me...My fascination of Manik's face is just increasing and suddenly I'm having this desire to trail my finger from his forehead to his perfect chin... What the heck! Why am I having these seducing kind of thoughts?! Am I on drugs or something?  

Damn these serotonin , dopamine  and endorphins....

"Nandini!", Manik said with just the perfect amount of husk in his voice , coming close enough   for my heart to skip a beat...

I don't have the courage to look in his eyes, especially with these kind of thoughts in mind. Damn. Is premonition dream a fact?! Is he going to- Wait...What if all this is a game for him? I mean how much I know him? What if its just me who is having such effects due to his presence and he is not at all affected by me? 

"Nandini! Look at me.", Manik said cupping my cheeks. Keeping aside all the jittery feelings I'm having due to warmth of his hands, I look at Manik. 

"You know right what am I going to do now?", he asked.

 What the freak I didn't realize when I nodded involuntarily...Manik smiled...No this can't be happening...Not until I get answers to my questions...Suddenly I notice something in Manik's eyes...

"Manik! Your pupils...They are dilating!!!", I exclaimed. I can't express! I felt like a child who got his favorite chocolate.

"What?!", Manik said. 

"Yes! Your pupils have dilated...You know what it means..."

"Nandini. Please don't. You never know what is there for us in the next moment. Let me live this moment , please. ",  Manik said in authoritative voice but his voice showed some kind of urgency too...And the last statement was it just philosophical or a mysterious one?

"Manik! What is happening here?", Cabir said standing at the door of my room which was still open.

Manik immediately took back his hands from my cheeks...His facial expressions unreadable with same cold attitude as that of the night when I found him in Aryaman's cabin....

"Manik. Come with me. Right now.", Cabir said. 

Manik and Cabir left the scene in a swift moment leaving me with lots of unanswered questions...

------------------------------------------------

Cabir (Angrily): What were you doing ?

Manik(As a matter of fact tone) : Don't ask. As if you don't know.

C : Manik. We have nothing to do with that girl anymore. We are done with her. 

M : I know Cabir.

C(Sarcastically) : Wow! You know! Still you were there with her in her room; knowing that your act can potentially harm us. 

M(Angrily) : Cabir!

C : No Manik. Mr. Kapoor will definitely not like this. Trust me, I'm saying all this because I don't want you to land up in some deep shit.

M : I know Cabir. I very well understand what I am supposed to do. And this won't happen again.

 --------------------------------------------------------

CAMP SITE                               4:30 pm 

NANDINI :

Well...What should I say...After my little encounter with Manik in the morning...He is a kind of ignoring me...Is he embarrassed or something? No. That's a way too sweet for someone as self obsessed as that of Manik. Through out the day he acted as if I don't exist even when we were working for same patients...I don't understand what is happening...But if he thinks that he can behave like this with me and I'll let him do anything he wants, like a lovesick puppy then he is wrong. Nandini Murthy never allows anyone to play with her feelings. Get ready for an unexpected interrogation Mr. Malhotra . You are so gone now. 

Alya : Hey Nanz, Where are you lost?

Nandini : Manik.

Alya : Freaking hell! You are actually thinking about Manik! Oh my god! Oh my God! Mukti, Navya, Renuka...

Nandini thinks,"Damn. What did I do...And here I was thinking about interrogating Manik...Nandini Murthy best luck for drowning into a pool of embarrassment. After all denial is just not the option when it comes to Alya. Congrats! Guess what Nandini Murthy, you screwed up everything because she has gathered all of them now.... "

M,R,Nav : Oh!My!God! How? What?! Nanz! Like seriously!

Nandini : Ughhhhh........ Will you guys just shut up?!

A(Smirking) : Sure. But not until you tell us everything...

N(Mumbles) : What's with people and smirking , these days in my life ?!

A(Confused) : What do you mean?

N : Nothing. It's just that Manik keeps on smirking all the time...

M : Nanz! Do you realize that you are just talking about Manik now a days...

Nav : Seems like you are deeply in Lo-

N : Hold it. It's nothing of that sort.

A : Oh come on Nanz, Now we are very sure that you two are anything but just professionals. Tell us already.

N(Annoyingly) : Why are you guys behaving like some stupid teenagers who have never been attracted to anyone ever before? 

R : Because its Dr. Nandini Murthy we are talking about! The girl who never gave attention to any guy of AIIMS through out all her MBBS . 

M : Exactly! It just shows you are so serious about him.

N(Dismissively) : Fine. There is something about him which attracts me.

Alya looks at Nandini narrowing her eyes.

N : Ughhh...Okay. I admit everything about him attracts me. But his behavior is strange...

A(Teasingly) : Ha Ha Ha! You know what Nanz! The things which you consider strange are generally normal.

N : No. That's not what I meant. You know he behaves quite mysterious at times. A night before we came here I found a glass slide in his jacket and it was green colored...

R : Have you been checking his jackets now a days??????

N(Gritting her teeth) : The slide had fallen from his jacket on the floor, when he was leaving.  

Nav : Come on Nanz, Don't try to divert the topic.

A(Serious tone) : I think you should talk to him about your feelings for him. Trust me Nanz, this is the best way you can handle the things happening with you, after all you also need someone now when you don't have uncle and aunty. 

R : You understand , right ? 

M : We care for you Nanz.

N : I know. Don't worry. I'll talk to him.

------------------------------------------------