Catching lies

Dehradun Jungle :

Nandini :

Nandini(Confidently) : Mr. Manik Malhotra , if you think that I'm afraid of this gun then you are highly mistaken. 

Manik(Smirking) : Oh...Then What do you think ? Is it me who should be afraid? What will you do?

While Manik is doing his oh-so-favorite smirking session and saying all this crap, I manage to pull a gun lying on the ground near one of the dead bodies, with the help of my leg. I quickly take the gun in my hand ; pointing its muzzle on Manik's head .

N : See, even I can hold a gun in this way. I can also shoot you.

M(Smirking) : Oh please Nandini , You can't. I know that.

N(Smirking) : Nor can you! I know , you can't shoot me.

M : Well , I'm a very skillful shooter. Talking about how much skilled I'm , then in normal words you can say I belong to the SHARP SHOOTER kind. Didn't you see I can alone fight with all of them. And you are saying I can't shoot you!!

N : Yes , although you can shoot all of them , you can't shoot me. You will not shoot me. I strongly believe this.

M(Sighs) : If you trust me this much , then why can't you just tell me the truth?

N(With teary eyes) : Who said that I trust you? Now I just believe you, not trust you. I doubt is it even worth believing you or not.

Manik pulls the gun back , looking into my eyes. I also pull away the gun I'm holding.

N : See Manik, you can't shoot me. And the word truth doesn't suit you Manik. I always had suspicions about you and now it seems like all my suspicions were true. I asked you Manik that if I can trust you...Is this what you meant when you said yes. What is the point of any truth or lie anymore if the person who was so protective about me that even the thought of me being hurt pained him is pointing a gun towards me today?

M : Nandini....

N : No Manik, Not this time. You know what Manik, I know know about that Slide no. 4 of yours. But trust me I won't tell you anything about it. 

Because I don't find it important to tell any truth to the person who is not less than world's biggest liar himself! And you call ME a LIAR?! (Sighs)

I don't know what about you is truth and what's a lie...

But now everything about you feels like a lie to me. 

You being my Assistant was a Drama?! You being interested in my research work was a lie! It was all about this slide for you, right? You are a skilled shooter. Now , What it accounts for?

I get that , you have some mysterious agenda and you don't want to disclose it. Fine by me. But playing with my feelings ! Was this also a part of this agenda of yours? Tell me Manik, What were the compliments for? What were those assuring forehead kisses for? What was your 'I care for you' for? What was 'You are safe with me' pretense for? Specially when you ultimately wanted to point muzzle of a gun on my head? 

M : Nandini...You know about the slide?!....

N : That's all for you right?

Oh Wait....How can I miss the biggest part? What was it about 'your lips attract me'? Why did you do all this , When you knew I had started falling for you ? Was it also a part of that so called important mysterious work which you can't tell me? Oh wait you never said anything as a statement...Everything was a What if for you , right? So tell me Mr. Malhotra , How many lies have you said to me? And how are you related to my parents' murder? How do you know about Aryaman? Because I'm no more believing in your Alluring Prevarications.