⚓️ ELEVEN ~ FAMILY ⚓️

Sat by herself, Maddy wiped away the stray tears that had fallen and let out a little sniffle

Sat by herself, Maddy wiped away the stray tears that had fallen and let out a little sniffle. First, she had been dragged away from Harry. Then, Uma had arrived at Auradon before leaving Maddy behind. Just like everyone else did. Everyone but Harry.

Hearing noises creep up behind her, Maddy made to reach for her sword by her side btu all she grabbed was a handful of dress. The sword that had become like one of her limbs had been confiscated upon her arrival at Auradon Prep. Resigning herself to the fact that she'd have to use her fists, she swung around with her hands raised.

Luckily, Jay was prepared for her attack and grabbed her wrists in one hand before she could make contact with his face.

"Easy, tiger." Jay chuckled, releasing the small hands he had caught. "You're not on the Isle anymore."

Almost immediately, he regretted saying it. She was well aware that she was no longer on the Isle.

"What are you doing out here all on your own?" Carlos sat down next to the purple eyed girl on the bench.

Resting her head on the son of Cruella De Vil, she tried her hardest to regain control of her emotions. She barely noticed Mal and Evie coming up behind her until they too had their arms wrapped around her. All five of the original VKs stayed huddled on the bench until Mal broke away from the hug and presented her twin with a neatly wrapped red box.

Tearing off the wrapping paper, Maddy let out a loud squeal once she saw what sat between the dark green tissue paper. Pulling out the ripped, dirty fingerless gloves with the hooks on them, Maddy smiled with joy. Harry Hook's gloves were back on her hands.

"Thank you so much, Mal." She exclaimed, relishing in the feeling of the cold leather against her hands.

Feeling much more like her self, Maddy rubbed her eyes and smiled at the people around her. Yes, they had stolen her from the place she called home but now they were trying to make amends. Just by giving her back her boyfriend's gloves, it was a step towards peace.

"I know this doesn't make up for me leaving, and kidnapping you, or judging those you call family, but I'm hoping we can mend what we had. I mean, you're my twin sister, my other half. I can't stand the idea of you hating me." Mal held her arms out for a hug.

"We can try." Maddy walked into the open arms.

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━

Six months later and Maddy had almost adjusted to life at Auradon. It hadn't taken long before people picked up on her talent as an artist and she was being requested for portraits, designs, and birthday gifts. However, whilst she did that to earn some money on the side, her passion was working with Evie to bring the best fashion pieces to life.

After discovering her skill with a sword, King Ben employed Maddy as a flexible bodyguard a.k.a she worked when she was needed. The rift between Maddy and Mal had been mended and the two sisters were closer than ever, working as one to bridge the gap between the Isle and Auradon.

Thankfully, that meant that when the VKs travelled to the Isle, Maddy was able to go with them, and today - well, today was finally the day that four lucky villain kids would be chosen to come to the Isle.

Stood behind Mal, the dark haired girl (who now had electric blue tips) surveyed the area, watching for anyone who would attempt an attack on the King's girlfriend. However, the air was like electricity and the promise of new beginnings hung in the air.

'From the North to the South,
From the East to the West.
Lost boys, lost girls,
You all know you're the best.

Hit the streets, it's your day.
Turn it up, now's your chance.
It's time to get up on your feet and dance!
Whoo!

Anybody wanna be like us?
Everybody wanna be like us!
Hey.

All the boys from Auradon,
And the girls 'cause they know what's up.
Huh!

Your life could change today.
These streets named after us,
Because we paved the way.

Everyone come and take your shot.
Now's the time, show 'em what you got.
'Cause everyone is gonna get their chance.
They said that being from the Isle was bad.

Well, it's good to be bad!
And we're proof of that.
Used to be lost, now we're on the map.
Used to steal stacks, now we're giving back.
Remember that,
It's good to be... Bad!

If you got pride,
Raise your V's up high.
Wave 'em wide, side to side.
Feel the vibe.

It's good to be bad.'

Seeing the joy and excitement shining up at her from the faces of the villain kids made Maddy feel proud to be apart of the VK program. Before, these kids felt hopeless and abandoned; felt as if their life would never change from the horrible, dreary routine they had been forced to endure since the day they had been born. They had been punished due to their heritage, punished for the crimes their parents had committed. Now, they were being given a chance to become their own person, to show who they truly were.

Clapping as Dizzy, daughter of Drizella, Squeaky and Squirmy, sons of Smee, and Celia, daughter of Facilier was chosen, Maddy tried to ignore the lack of her crew in the crowd. However, when she spotted a flash of silver hook, her heart lurched as she thought about the handsome man she had fallen in love with. The same man, that despite being to the Isle countless times already, Maddy had failed to find the son of Captain Hook. And, it wasn't for lack of trying. She had searched for him everywhere; her old place, his apartment, the Shoppe, the ship, anywhere he used to hang out. Nothing.

Wasting no time, Maddy made sure Mal was okay before darting over to the alley where she had spotted the hook. By the time she got there, the glimpse of silver had disappeared and she stood there alone. Even the rats had disappeared. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she tensed until the familiar scent reached her nose. Leaning back into the touch, she was grateful when Jay wrapped his arms around her in a reassuring hug.

"You're too good for him anyway." Jay comforted, leading her towards the awaiting limo but she couldn't help the sadness swirling within her when the barrier closed behind them and Harry didn't show up. Again.

Clearly he had no desire to see her, and some small part of her couldn't blame him. She had quickly fallen into the routine of Auradon and had even made friends. She had betrayed him by not coming back to live at the Isle but she had hoped she'd at least been given the chance to explain herself.

Sat with her family, Maddy was grateful that the bonds between them had grown stronger but she couldn't help but feel guilty about the family bonds that had fallen apart.