⚓️ EIGHTEEN ~ INCREDIBLE ⚓️

Escaping the suffocation of Evie's cottage, the five of them stumbled out of the door and into the bright summers day

Escaping the suffocation of Evie's cottage, the five of them stumbled out of the door and into the bright summers day. Maddy raised a hand to block out the harshness of the light causing Uma to almost drop her.

Before she could fall, strong arms wrapped around her and pulled her into the safety of his chest. Brushing her hair back, Harry searched Maddy's face for any sign of injury. After checking that she was alright, he bent his head down and captured her lips in his, kissing her with six months of passion, love and worry. Reacting quickly, she pressed her body closer to his and tangled her hands in his hair.

The other three girls began cheering at the reconciliation; Mal and Evie glad that the months of sadness Maddy had felt were gone now that she was reunited with the one she loved.
Carlos let out a low whistle, turning away from the display of affection. Maddy was like a big sister to him and he did not need to see her making out with Harry Hook.
Even though he didn't like Harry, and he wanted to pummel him for hurting Maddy, Jay couldn't help smiling at the reunion. Hopefully, both of them would be able to make it work and Maddy would get the happy ever after that she deserved.

Pulling apart, Maddy remembered where she was and who she was surrounded by and began blushing, burying her face in Harry's warm chest. Harry did nothing but smile smugly and place a kiss to the top of her head, glad to have his Maddy back in his arms.

"I was so worried about ye." He murmured into her hair. "I love ye, lass. I always will."

It was the closest he would come to an apology and Maddy accepted it by placing a loving kiss upon his lips. Deciding to separate once more, Maddy gave Gil a quick hug before bounding into the forest with new found strength, ready to end this nonsense once and for all.

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━

Sword out, Maddy went into the cottage first, falling back into her role as Ben and Mal's personal guard. Fretting whilst she was gone, Harry knew that he had to accept that she was safe on her own and didn't need him to protect her. She was stronger, braver, and smarter than she had once been. She could protect him better than he could protect her.

A whistle alerted the group of VKs that the cottage was safe to enter. No sign of Audrey. However, they did find Chad curled up in the storage cupboard. Tears in his eyes, he thanked Ben for saving him before sprinting as far away as he could.

Darkness had begun to fall by the time the VKs exited the cottage, Maddy and Harry with hands intertwined. Jay hovering close by.

"Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of. What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up." Uma said, cheerful as she looked at her new allies- no, her new friends.

"Someday, you're going to have to tell me how you teamed up." Ben chuckled.

"Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle once this was over."

"Mal?" Ben asked, confusion across his face.

After all, Mal was the one who wanted to close the barrier for good so as to keep Auradon safe. Having lived with Mal for sixteen years, the look on her face informed Maddy that her twin was about to tell them something that Maddy wouldn't like.

"I have to tell you something." Mal started ringing her hands nervously. "Um, I lied. When I said the kids come off the Isle, I was lying."

"What do you mean?"

"The VK program is shut down and the barrier is being closed. Forever. For the safety of Auradon."

Sharing a glance, Harry and Maddy both frowned at each other. If this was true, they may never see each other again. Before, Maddy had been able to visit the Isle, and whilst Harry had avoided her, they at least had the opportunity to be together. Now they had nothing.

Maddy could feel her body temperature rise, a sign that her power was rising to the surface. Noticing the young girl glowing blue, Jay stepped forward and placed a hand on her shoulder. Whilst she did calm down slightly, the girl shrugged his hand off before taking a step towards her sister.

"So, we're saving your precious people for a lie?! I knew it was a mistake to trust you. And you, King Benny, will probably just throw us all back inside!" Uma raged, angry for being lied to and hurt at the betrayal.

She was ready to forgive the past and become friends with Mal but this was too far. Uma wanted to try and like Mal for Maddy. Because she loved Maddy, she was willing to get along with her other family. Now, the trust was broken and nothing could repair it.

"You know what?" Celia stepped in, surprising everyone. "I used to think you were brave but you're nothing but a coward. You couldn't even tell me that I'd never see my dad again."

Snatching the ember from Mal, Celia dropped it into a little pot of water, not even staying to watch as the light dimmed from it.

"Let's get Gil and leave them all to rot." Uma said to Harry and Maddy. Falling back into the pattern of the four of them against the world, not even thinking that Maddy might want to stay.

Following after his Captain, Harry glanced and saw Maddy take a step towards her sister who was fishing the ember out of the water and trying to magic it back to life.

"Maddy, please." Mal begged, holding the ember up and asking Maddy to combine her magic and Hades' blood with Mal to help ignite the ember.

"Look at you. Even now, you care more about that ember and yourself than the people you hurt." Maddy's voice was calm and devoid of emotion. Something that frightened the VKs and Ben more than if she yelled. "You lied to me, Mal. You lied!"

Maddy enjoyed the way her sister flinched.

"I'd rather you had told me from the beginning that the barrier was being closed. I suppose if you'd been honest, it'd feel less like a betrayal. When I betrayed Uma and lied about the wand, at least I was doing it to protect the kids on the Isle. You lied to protect yourself. How could you be so cruel?" Maddy spat, one lone tear sliding down her face.

Storming off, Maddy ignored the sound of her sister calling after her. Mal didn't care when Maddy had called after her all that time ago. Now it was Mal's turn to know how it feels to be abandoned.