⚓️ TWENTY ONE ~ KINDNESS ⚓️

Rattling chains echoed down the extravagant hallway and into Audrey's pink room

Rattling chains echoed down the extravagant hallway and into Audrey's pink room. Steeling herself for his appearance, Maddy knew that she had to remain as calm as possible when Hades entered the room. She wasn't here as his daughter, she was here as Ben and Mal's bodyguard; ready to defend them against the villainous God.

"Thank you for coming." Mal smiled diplomatically, hopping up to greet the chained man.

"Didn't have much of a choice." Hades snarked.

However, he wasn't referring to the fact that he was chained and surrounded by guards. He didn't have a choice because he was unable to refuse his girls. Unable to say no to them when they asked him for a favour. That's why it had been so hard to crush Maddy's dream of breaking the barrier so long ago. He hadn't wanted to destroy the hopes of the greatest thing he had ever done.

"Can you wake her?" Ben asked, taking control of the situation.

"Since when do heroes care about villains?"

"She's-"

"One of your own." Hades filled in. "When you guys try to destroy the world, it's an error of judgement. But when it's one of us, lock them up and throw away the key."

Maddy couldn't help but agree with her father. Audrey was getting revived and so far, there had been no mention of consequences for the terror and hurt she had waged. She had turned people to stone, Maddy included. And placed a version of Beast's curse upon King Ben. And yet, nothing.

Whereas the villains of the story had been forced onto the Isle without trial. Their own children had also been punished for something that had happened long before their time. All because King Adam hadn't wanted to open the barrier.

"I'm going to need to use my hands." Hades began clanking his chains together obnoxiously.

As the guards unshackled Hades' hands, Ben urged Maddy forward, reminding her of her job.

Calling her flames forward, she held her fiery hands up, ready to use if needed. Noticing the magic in her hands, Hades chuckled.

"I guess the ember unlocked the darkness within."

Maddy took a step closer to him so that he could feel the burning heat radiating from her. She noticed that the angry she was, the hotter the flames. From across the room, King Adam and Dowager Queen Belle began sweating slightly.

"Are you really going to use my own power against me? I guess you really are your father's daughter. I'm guessing you've begun stealing souls as well after the state you left that Hook boy in."

Hades took no pride in the way his daughter flinched away from his cruel words, flames dimming slightly.

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━