23

She stopped in the doorway and smiled. He had on glasses to help him see the computer and was sipping away at his coffee while his free hand moved his wireless mouse. He was so sexy and made her feel more for him every day they were together. They might have moved fast when it came to living together, but she didn't want to be away from him. When she was at work she missed him and couldn't think about anything but coming in through the door to be greeted by him.

"Hi sweetheart," he said not looking up from his computer. She knew with his shifter senses he could tell she'd been in the doorway.

"I came to say goodbye, I'm headed in to work."

"Then come here and give me a kiss." He took his glasses off his face and set his coffee down. She walked over and leaned in to kiss his cheek just to tease him. He turned his rolling chair to face her and huffed, she laughed and leaned down to give him a sweet kiss. He grabbed her by the waist and tugged her into his lap pushing his tongue into her mouth. He pushed her, just until she couldn't remember why she'd come into his office in the first place before releasing her. She sat dazed on his lap for several moments staring at him.

"I love the look you get after I kiss you." He nipped at her neck and she closed her eyes to enjoy the sensation.

"I love when you do that to me, but I need to go to work and you are making it very hard to leave," she murmured, as his nips went up her neck to her ear lobe. He caught her ear gently in his teeth, tugging her earring just enough to cause a touch of pain mixed with pleasure.

"Do you have to go?" He nuzzled her neck, his hand creeping up her sweater to touch her breast through her bra.

"What color are you wearing today?" he whispered, his voice gravely with desire.

"Purple like my sweater," she replied breathlessly as he teased her nipple through the lacy fabric.

"Mmm, you really know how to turn me on." He started to pull her sweater off but his office phone began to ring. Harper broke out of her sexual haze and stood pulling her sweater back down and stepping off his lap. He grabbed her hand and held her gaze silently asking her to wait. She nodded and he answered the phone,

"Murphy Inc, this is Regal how may I help you?"

"Damn Regal is that how you always answer your work phone?" Hunter's voice laughed through the receiver.

"Why are you calling my work phone?" Regal grumbled, Harper had a hand over her mouth trying to smother a laugh. He shot her a glare which only seemed to increase her laughter.

"I've called your cell five times and you didn't answer me. I wanted to let you know what I learned about John Heart," Hunter shared.

"I thought Anders and Max were looking into the names on the list?" Regal asked, Harper leaned against his side listening in on the conversation. He put the receiver down after pressing the speaker button.

"I just happened to run into George's niece Vanessa. She wanted some work done on her house now that she is expecting pup number five."

"What did she tell you?" Regal asked, his hand holding Harper's hip.

"Her uncle was raving about a human slut getting cozy with you and using you for protection from the wolf pack, because she tricked George into giving her his book collection. She laughed as if her uncle had been spouting off a crazy story. I think you might want to have him followed to see if he was the one who attacked Harper's car and home," Hunter shared.

"He already is our number one suspect. I have Yosef tailing him," Regal explained and Harper looked down at him in surprise. She hadn't realized he was doing more than just looking into people.

"Good, have you found anything in his records?" Hunter asked.

"Have you been hacking?" Harper asked and Regal tensed.

"Harper?" Hunter's voice betrayed his surprise.

"I was just about to go to work when you called," she replied, looking at Regal with a concerned expression.

"I feel like I said something wrong," Hunter's voice shrank and she shook her head.

"No, you just let me know Regal has been keeping me in the dark about certain things." She could hear the irritation in her voice and felt Regal flinch.

"I'll call back later." Hunter hung up and she moved away from Regal,

"Baby I..." he started to explain and she shook her head.

"I cannot believe you didn't tell me you had a person of interest! This is about me and the attacks on my property and you've told me nothing. If we are to be mates you can't go alpha panther and not tell me things. I'm going to work now that I finally have my car back and staying at my parents tonight. I need some space." She grabbed her work bag and left him still sitting in his desk chair trying to figure out what just happened. 

Regal is in trouble! Don't forget to vote!