41

Much to Harper's dismay Regal, Michael and Julie wouldn't let her lift anything heavy. She knew being pregnant she needed to be careful, but lifting folding chairs wasn't anything she needed to worry about.

"You decide which books you want to be placed out and we will make the men move the heavy things," Julie said, opening the first of their boxes.

"Did we bring the new author spotlight?" she asked, flipping through her pile of notes. She and Julie were trying something new this time. Many unknown authors didn't get the recognition at these events and they wanted to change that. Their current author to show was to have a booth at the convention.

"She is in that box?" Julie replied pointing to the box Regal was carrying over to her.

"Perfect, I want them set up in the center of our display. To either side, we will have our popular books and then here on the left, we will place the rare books in a closed case with a lock. Those books will come with Regal or me when we leave the convention center for the day," Harper explained, placing place holders in each spot for the books. They would put them out in the morning when the convention opened up.

"The rare books are in the truck still," Julie added and Harper frowned. She didn't want to leave them in the truck unattended. The outside of each box had a code, so she and Julie knew what was in it.

"Can you ask Michael to bring it in? I don't want it sitting in the truck unattended," Harper remarked, looking at Julie. She smiled and jumped up to do as she asked. Harper couldn't wait to get her alone and ask how she and Michael were getting along. If the smile on both their faces was any indication they'd hit it off.

"Did you hear anything about the two of them?" Regal asked nodding in the direction of Julie.

"Not yet. Julie and I haven't had a chance to sit down and talk."

"Why don't you and Julie go to lunch tomorrow and Micahel and I will watch the booth. I know you haven't had a chance to spend time with her lately," he offered and she gave him a sweet smile.

"That is a good idea, I'll ask Julie," she replied and walked out to the truck. She stopped short upon seeing Julie and Michael wrapped around each other standing in front of the truck. Harper cleared her throat and the two pulled apart.

"I came out to see if Julie wanted to go to lunch tomorrow," she explained laughing at Julie's blush.

"Michael and I were wondering if you and Regal wanted to have dinner tonight?" Julie asked her and Harper laughed.

"We would love to have dinner with you two tonight. I want to hear about your trip down. We also have some information to share with you about an incident we had before the plane ride yesterday," Harper shared and Julie's eyebrow went up.

"We have to share an interesting interaction we had," Michael replied and Harper frowned.

"Let's finish up here and we can go to dinner. I'll get Regal," Harper answered and turned around to tell Regal.

"Regal?" she called when she came back to find the booth empty.

"Over here," he called back and she turned to see him speaking to Agatha May. She walked over with a smile on her face and took Regal's hand.

"Hello Agatha," she whispered, and the older woman turned her hawk eyes on her.

"Harper! I heard about George passing away and wanted to pass on my condolences. I know you two were very close. I've heard you inherited some interesting items," Agatha commented and suddenly Harper was worried about talking to her about the book.