32

On their way home from the market, Regal was irritated. Nina had caused a scene for no good reason. They broke up when he went away to college.

"Are you okay?" he asked Harper. He wanted to make sure she wasn't upset about Nina.

"Yes. I knew my shyness was going to cause a problem. Nina reminded me of all the girls I dealt with in high school. They didn't know when to leave me alone and I don't think Nina does either. What was your break up like?" she asked.

"She broke up with me to be honest. I was going away to college, and she was staying here to go to the local university. She didn't want to leave her dad alone with their store. Her mom passed away from cancer in high school."

"I think she regrets letting you go," Harper commented, and he shrugged.

"It was her choice. She never let on that she wanted back together and I don't know where she got the idea we would mate when I turned thirty-five. I wouldn't have mated her then either," he replied, reaching over to take her hand in his. She squeezed his hand, and he knew she wasn't worried about Nina anymore.

"Did your mom want us to bring anything over for dinner?" she asked.

"She said something about dessert, you up for the task?" he asked, he'd done most of the cooking since they'd moved in together.

"I'll whip up a cheesecake, I love making them," she replied.

"You make cheesecake?"

"Sometimes. Like I said, Heather is the one who has a knack for baking," she answered.

"Do we have everything you need?"

"No, can we stop at the market on our way back home?"

"Sure," he agreed and turned their car down a small street to get to their corner market.

"Are you okay?" Harper asked him, he turned his head to look at her.

"Yes, why?"

"Well, I knew you introducing me to your people must have been stressful. Then with Nina trying to cause a stir, I wanted to make sure you were okay," she said. His heart swelled with his love for her. She had been worried about him, when she was the one meeting everyone today.

"I am just fine, baby. I am so proud of you and I know you will make me an amazing mate. We never talked about a date for our wedding. Did you have one in mind?" Christmas was just two weeks away and then there would be New Year Eve.

"Maybe after all of the holidays, we could aim for February. I think that would give my mom plenty of time to help me plan. I don't want anything big, but I assume with you being Alpha our wedding needs to be big?"

"Not necessarily. You are already my mate, so in the eyes of my people we are already married. We might need to throw a large party for my people to come celebrate us though." He parked the car and they climbed out, he watched her shiver when a cold wind blew over them. Wrapping his arm around her shoulders they walked into the market. He picked up a basket and motioned for her to lead the way.

"I am not religious, so I don't want it in a church. We could have your dad or one of your friends marry us? They could easily get ordained on the internet," she replied, walking toward the refrigerator section.

"I can ask my dad. I want Hunter to be my best man and Benson and Anders to be my groomsmen."

"Perfect, I'll have Hainsley as my maid of honor and Hannah and Heather to be my bridesmaids." She grabbed several packages of cream cheese, butter and sour cream to make a topping. Regal watched in awe, he always needed a list when he went to the store or he would forget what he went there for in the first place.