satu

☆ ☆
☆ ☆
break my heart - dua lipa.
☆ ☆
☆ ☆
☆        

jaemin sighed, closing his textbook and laying his head down on the library table.

it was around five p.m, and the school closed at five-thirty. there were still a few students here and there with him trying to cram all the studying they could get for the upcoming history quiz the following day. deciding he had done enough already, jaemin packed his things up, tossed them into his bag, and silently left the library. it was a monday, and things were always relatively slower on monday. the hallways leading out to the exit of the school were hot, indicating that the actual outside was going to be hotter. the boy walked slowly, running his finger along the cool lockers lined up on the side, feeling disoriented. the heat was making him dizzy and he wanted nothing more than to just get home. but of course, the simple wish didn't go his way.

"fuck out of my way, faggot."

jaemin sighed silently to himself, ignoring the harsh shoulder check his bully had just given him. he continued to walk to where he was going, but was stopped when a hand yanked him back by his soft hair and shoved him forcefully into the lockers.

"you heard me, right? pathetic, gay, ugly ass slut." the boy spat, tugging harder and harder on jaemin's hair with each word he spoke. the younger whimpered, nodding his head in understanding as tears pricked the inside of his eyes. the two were alone in the hallways, as after all, it was later school hours and everybody had rushed home. jaemin was trying to do the same, but unfortunately that wasn't going very well in that moment. the taller, stronger boy let jaemin's hair go and shoved him to the ground, giving him a look of disgust before walking off. he groaned as quietly as he could be when he hit his head against the hard floors of the school, trying not to upset the boy standing above him anymore. he waited a while to see if he would return to hurt him more.

but, gladly he didn't.

jaemin listened as the latter's footsteps were eventually heard further and further away until they weren't audible anymore. that's when jaemin picked himself up, leaned on one of the lockers, and began to cry. it was just another normal day for him, as sad as it sounded. everyday ended up with him crying to himself at school, in the shower, alone in his room, and then eventually to sleep. and it was all because of one person; one boy.

everybody in school knew that lee jeno absolutely resented, na jaemin.

ever since he laid on his eyes him, jeno made it his own personal goal to make jaemin feel terrible about himself.

every. single. day.

he couldn't stand jaemin. he hated him with a passion, and had absolutely no problem vocalizing and showing his feelings about it. jeno tormented the poor boy ever since he started going to that school; and that was three years ago. for three years, jaemin had been dealing with this. he begged his mother so many times to have him transferred, but she wouldn't allow it until jaemin told her why. that was the problem. he's kept his vicious bully a secret from his mother ever since he started going to that school. jaemin knew he could easily make up some other reason, but his mother was very stubborn. she would always try to fins a solution to each of jaemin's lies, he just didn't want her getting worried about it. he figured that it would get better as the time went on, and soon he wouldn't even remember it.

yet, he couldn't have been more wrong.

in the beginning, everything was tolerable for him. jeno would do little things like throwing papers at him, pushing him around, calling him names and dissing him in front of everybody. it was only when he found out jaemin was gay, where it got worse and worse. jeno went from doing all that, to physically beating the younger boy in the corners of the school just because he wanted to. he would fiercely go at it, most times until he saw blood. he would shove him out of nowhere, from the front and back. he would throw his lunch in his face. and he especially, loved using gay slurs on him. it never stopped, because jeno always found something new and unique to torture jaemin with.

jaemin tried multiple times telling someone at the school about it, but all they ever told him was to suck it up because he was gay and people who aren't 'normal' will always be a target to everybody. which was funny considering more than half the girls that attended the school were dating each other, and not one of them ever shared or recalled a moment where they had been bullied for their sexuality. nothing like that had ever happened to them before. so why does it all come toppling down on jaemin? he didn't understand at all.

he felt so alone. he felt so sad all the time. he felt on edge and unsafe every time he walked through the front doors. he felt trapped and hopeless and forever scared. he just didn't get why jeno had such a big problem with him in the first place. he was even nice to him the first few days he arrived to the school. but now, he didn't even want to breath the same air as him. he found jaemin toxic and it made him livid just seeing him near him, minding his own business. the younger boy didn't know what happened between them.

he guessed he deserved it. he might've done something to offend jeno and make him mad, even though he had been nothing but respectful towards him the days they did talk.

jaemin went home by himself, a pounding headache taking its place.

when he got home, he was greeted by his loving mother in a hug. "how was school today, honey?" the woman asked sweetly, feeling her son hug her back. "it was good, mom. the usual." he replied, resting his chin on her head. today, the two had no after school plans or things to take care of, so jaemin went about what he usually did on days like this. the boy helped his mother clean up a little around the house and ate with her, finishing his homework and taking a shower afterwards. once jaemin was out, he checked his face in the slightly fogged up mirror; his bruises were getting much more better, yet now he had a new one forming on the side of his cheek.

the boy sighed, pressing on it and wincing a little. he was always very, very good at hiding the injuries jeno put on him that got too visible. he hid them simply because his mother was worrying about him. ever since her husband passed away suddenly, she had been so afraid of something happening to her son. he was the only family she had left, and wanted him constantly to be safe. jaemin made sure to always wake up earlier than his mother so that he could cover the bruises up with makeup. he made sure to shower once he already said goodnight to his mother and she was asleep, so she wouldn't see his bruises. today was no different.

the boy walked into his room and crawled into bed, letting the tears he had been holding in for the day now flow freely. he thought about jeno and how many times he hurt him today. he thought about all the people that never stood up for him yet saw everything. he thought about why jeno hated him so much.

and the night went on just like that, before jaemin ended up falling asleep with tear stains on his pillow.

| 1:34 a.m |

ahh i'm the cover for this story lol ive never done dat before

new storyy i hope u'll like it 😣😣😣😣

what are u guys doing during quarantine?

remember to stay safe please 😚

k bye bye now ily

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura