enam belas

☆                                  ☆
    ☆                                                                       ☆
fairy of shampoo - txt.
   ☆                                                                       ☆
                     ☆                                  ☆
☆        

jaemin was currently sitting in the waiting room of the local hospital, worriedly looking around, checking the time seemingly every five seconds, with his mother and eunji to his left. they had been there for a while now, waiting for somebody to tell them when they could go and see jeno.

the boy closed his eyes and thought back to everything that had happened all within the night. he thought about the fright he saw take over his entire being in just a second. he thought about how he was able to feel everything jeno was feeling just by the way he squeezed his hand, then abruptly let it go.

jeno's heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest. he couldn't hear a single thing but a numbing ring that wouldn't let up. he was lightheaded, his hands shaking. tears filled up to the brims of his eyes, but even that wasn't enough to blur the face of his father's piercing gaze stuck on him. the petrified boy dropped the bag of pastries due to his quivering hands, taking staggering steps back, feeling his breath slowly leaving him, before running out of the store crying.

he ran. he ran out of the bakery with everything he had in him. what the hell was his father doing? why was he in the bakery? didn't his mother just go file the rest of her incriminating reports on him? how was he still free and walking? well, what eunji didn't get to tell her son was that his father had actually fled the home before cops had a chance to even show up. he was classified under authority rule for immediate search and seizure, though so far nobody had been able to find him.

jeno, from frantically attempting to get away, tripped rather harshly over himself, falling face-first to the rocky, uneven cement and twisting his ankle in a way that the bone just didn't twist in. but despite the incredible shooting pain he felt, along with his nose and somewhere else on his face beginning to bleed, he tried getting up to continue to flee. he wasn't far enough away yet. all he could think about was how that man always, always got his hands on him in the end. even when he tried running away. he always managed to snatch him back and hurt him. he didn't want it to happen again.

"jeno!" the boy dared to look behind him and saw jaemin running towards his direction. he was running on the phone with his mother, explaining what had just happened, who they saw, and to come quick. though once he saw jeno injured and bleeding, he was on the phone with medical services. the older was bawling, loud and heartbreakingly. jaemin brought him into his arms, muffling his sobs in his chest, looking down at him helplessly. because that was all jaemin could feel; helpless. nothing was calming jeno down, and the younger had no idea of what to do.

"baby, what happened!?" the boys heard eunji voice, jaemin looking up to see her and his own mother as well sprinting right towards them. eunji fell to the ground with her son, asking him what had happened as she frantically tried to find from where he was bleeding so much, but jeno was too overwrought to answer. the minutes only passed, and soon came the ambulance with police.