tujuh

☆                                  ☆
    ☆                                                                       ☆
stay tonight - chungha.
   ☆                                                                       ☆
                     ☆                                  ☆
☆        

sitting up with a huff, jaemin rubbed his eyes. it was around two in the morning, and he wasn't doing anything but tossing and turning. he couldn't sleep, which was something he often struggled with, though tonight it felt different.

probably because of the boy that was in the room next to his.

it was the start of the weekend, so he didn't need to be anywhere early. yet still, he wanted to get out of his own mind and just sleep. he was still trying to process everything his mother had told him, from eunji's son being jeno to jeno being gay. jaemin still couldn't get that out of his head. he knew, that after being brutally bullied for three years nonstop because of his sexuality, jeno was not gay. he couldn't like boys. jaemin wanted to be mad. he wanted to be furious. if that was true, really true, then what the hell was he suffering this whole time for? but even though he wanted to feel that way, he didn't.

he didn't know what he felt. maybe it was still the guilt from hitting him at school, maybe it was the curiosity he still had from how his mother even got this information from him, maybe it was just his desire to want to know more. but, it wasn't anger. and he knew clearly it wasn't that. shaking his head at all the clamoring thoughts running through his mind, jaemin got up from his bed, turned on his dimming nightstand lamp, and began to clean up all the little things out of place in his room. he played some music on his phone at the lowest volume in order not to wake jeno, who was probably sleeping. his mother, and now eunji's room, was pretty far from his and jeno's so he didn't worry much about them.

the boy softly fell back on his bed once he was done, staring up at the ceiling and trying to see if he had made himself tired enough to sleep. and to his surprise, it worked. although he was done minimal cleaning, he figured just walking around a little and the very late hour it was that did the trick. however, the feeling was short lived, as jaemin suddenly heard a soft cry.

he opened his eyes wondering if he was the one that made that sound unknowingly. the boy remained silent, sitting up one more time and debating if he was just really tired and hearing things. but soon enough he heard it again, though this time it was a muffled sob. jaemin turned to his wall, the wall that was the one separating him and jeno, and heard his cries again. jaemin never thought the older was one to cry, and hearing how sad it sounded made him frown. although he was only one close enough to him and his room, jaemin still wanted some sort of conformation that it really was jeno in there. and so, he slowly and gently pressed his ear up against the thin wall and heard the sobbing louder and clearer.

it really was him.

now, jaemin found himself simply sitting in bed, listening to jeno's helpless weeping and pondering if there was something he could do to help, because he really wanted to. jeno and his mother must have been through a lot, considering what his own mother told him. but maybe jeno didn't want his help. after all, he really despised him. and just because they were living under the same roof now didn't mean his feelings towards jaemin would change or stop, right? and for the nth time that night, the younger ended up overwhelming himself with his own thoughts on how to help jeno, if he was even going to want it, and how he was feeling about jaemin.