tiga belas

☆                                  ☆
    ☆                                                                       ☆
fantasia - monsta x.
   ☆                                                                       ☆
                     ☆                                  ☆
☆        

"your hair looks really nice." jaemin mumbled, seeing jeno nod his head.  "i know it does, you styled it." the older responded, seeing jaemin smile fondly at him.

it had been quite some weeks since they had gone to the arcade, and to say the least jeno had finally seemed to break out of his shell. he became more talkative with jaemin and became closer with his friends. he was learning to smile more often, learning that it was okay to open up and trust others, learning to heal himself.

"thank you," both boys said unanimously as the waiter brought them their drinks. the two originally planned to stay in and watch movies all day, but jaemin could sense jeno wasn't feeling well this morning. although jeno was definitely changing, having days that got better and better, it didn't mean that he wouldn't ever have a bad day again. whenever jeno got particularly upset or was out of it, jaemin had them go out somewhere so that the older could get some air and feel just a little more stable. today, the younger had taken him to a cat café that had recently opened up. it was a surprise to jeno, who hadn't known where they were going up until they got there. and the smile that lit up his face when he found out, jaemin felt like he wouldn't ever be able to forget.

he watched as jeno cooed at all of the kittens roaming around the room, petting the ones that got closer to him and letting them rest and climb on and over him. the two talked while drinking their hot coffee's, though jaemin let the older play with the kittens for a while without bothering him. he occupied himself by looking at his surroundings from time to time. for it being summer, it was very very cold out. the café was moderately occupied, and everybody was bundled up in their layered jackets and sweaters.

jeno and jaemin decided to leave after quite some time had passed, and they found themselves just sitting on the floor playing with the kittens, long after they finished with their drinks. the boys thanked the nice workers before heading out, and were now walking aimlessly around the streets. the two had recently discovered they shared enjoyment in walking, so it felt nice getting to do it together. jeno would carefully steal glances at the younger as they walked, admiring how his cheeks and the tip of his nose became a rosy red because of the icy air. he would look away whenever jaemin turned to look at him, or turned slightly in general. though little did he know, jaemin was doing the same time.

as they walked, the pair encountered a small crowd gathering near the end of the street they were crossing. upon hearing the sounds of faint music when they got closer, jaemin looked at the older with pleading eyes. ".. can we go? please?" he asked quietly, jeno immediately growing flustered at jaemin's tone of voice and how he was gazing at him. the thanked the weather for being cold, because it hid his blush underneath his also already red cheeks. "of course." jeno responded, the younger smiling brightly and linking their arms together happily. the action had become a habit for jaemin to do whenever they went out, and although he had done it several times, it still made jeno's heart skip a beat.

the two walked in with the crowd and saw a group of boys with microphones and instruments out, just covering popular ballad songs. their voices were amazing, and jaemin found himself immersed in the setting almost immediately. as for jeno, he just liked seeing jaemin focused and happy. so he primarily watched him. it went on like that for a while, until jeno's attention shifted towards the guitar one of the boys had. the more he looked at it, the more he thought about how similar it was to his old one. jeno was beginning to think that it could possibly be the same model he used to have, and he got to confirm it once it was right in front of him.

the boy blinked a few times and realized the boy with the guitar was holding it out towards him, a shy smile on his face. he had noticed jeno keeping his eyes on the instrument, so he assumed he knew how to to use it. ".. do you wanna play a song?" he asked nicely, jeno only looking at him without responding for a moment. he knew of all the songs they were playing since they were very well-known, though he suddenly went timid because it had been a while since he actually played. the pause of silence soon ended when jeno heard jaemin's excited voice. "yes! he does!"

the older turned his head and glanced back at jaemin, his heart racing at the puppy eyes he gave him. "oh come on! i've never heard you play before and i want to!" he pouted, which definitely gave jeno some encouragement, though also made him a million times more nervous. jaemin brought him forwards a slight bit and jeno mindlessly took ahold of the guitar. the older looked back a jaemin then the boy in front of him a few times before finally taking a deep breath and going to where the rest of the others were. he took a seat on the small stool the latter was sitting on before going to him, the boys all giving him a smile before starting. and not long afterwards, jeno was playing the guitar to jimin's 'promise'.  his nervousness quickly dialed down the moment he began to play, thoughts about how much he loved doing it coming back into his mind.

jeno looked up to see the small crowd begin to grow, then looked towards jaemin, who had that beautiful smile on his face. he was gazing at jeno with a certain look in his eyes, swaying side to side by himself to the beat of the song. jeno couldn't help but smile himself seeing the younger, trying to calm the butterflies in his stomach. he swore if he looked at jaemin for just a second more he would've dazed himself out completely.

after a short while, the song came to an end. the crowd (especially jaemin) clapped cheerfully, watching jeno give the guitar back to the boy and take a timid bow before heading towards jaemin again. the younger immediately wrapped his arms around jeno and hugged him closely, swaying him the way he was doing himself before. "you're so good! you knew all of it so well!" he exclaimed, nuzzling his head into the crook of jeno's neck because he had been freezing since he left. the older turned shy at jaemin's affection, but brought his arms to his waist and held him closely.

the boys had begun to play another ballad, and in the midst of their hug the younger began to sway again. over all the time they've spent together, jeno got to learn about jaemin's love for slow dancing. whenever and wherever he heard a song he enjoyed, he would bring jeno into him and begin to move side to side. it had happened so much already that jeno just went with it every time. and today was no different. as the song went on and the pair continued to dance, other couples within the crowd began to do the same.

it brought soft smiles and blushes to their faces seeing complete strangers following them.

| 12:47 a.m |

....

so this chapter is like ugly af

i'm really sorry it's not well written

there's like a heat wave coming through where i live and the heat disorientates me and i've had a consistent headache

if u managed to read thru the end i applaud u <3

not proofread because i suck

i love uuu

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura