empat belas

☆ ☆
☆ ☆
can't you see me? - txt.
☆ ☆
☆ ☆
☆        

jeno sat mindlessly in his bed, mindlessly staring at the television in front of him. he had cleaned up his and jaemin's room and helped his and jaemin's mother when they came home with groceries for the week. as for jaemin himself, jeno hadn't seen him at all today.

when he woke up, the younger wasn't cuddled up next to him. there was a note written by him in his place, saying he would be out for the day because he had a few things to do for his mother. jeno thought it was a little odd since jaemin always told him if he was going to go anywhere. besides, he took him wherever he went anyway.

jeno had been alone the entire day, and didn't do anything except stay in the house. he was constantly wondering when jaemin would be back, constantly looking at the time, constantly checking his phone. the older had texted jaemin the moment he read the note, and he texted back that same moment. he was frequently checking on him to see if he was okay, but as the day went on it took jaemin longer and longer to respond. jaemin's last text was now over three hours ago. it obviously worried jeno, who was this close to going outside and finding jaemin himself despite it being night already. although it wasn't super late, he was sure most businesses were closing, if not closed already. this only made jeno worry more. what if something had happened to jaemin while he was out?

as much as the older tried to stop thinking about it and simply wait for him to get back, he just couldn't. so without wasting any more time, jeno threw a random hoodie over his head and tied up his shoes. he grabbed his phone off of the bed and opened his door only to see jaemin also about to walk inside. he jumped slightly as it startled him, but he quickly got over it.

"hi!" jaemin piped up happily, jeno immediately grabbing and pulling him into his arms. hugs had become an affectionate action they did often, and it was usually jaemin who had a hard time letting go when they actually had to do something. but this time, it was jeno who initiated it. jaemin went quiet, feeling how warm he got, and placing his own arms around jeno's neck. the younger blinked slowly a few times, head resting on jeno's shoulder. "... you didn't text back." the older mumbled, jaemin hearing the worry that was in his voice. he pulled back with an apologetic look, not fully realizing jeno's still had his arms around his waist, holding him heartwarmingly.

"i'm sorry..." the younger responded, lowering his head for a moment before bringing it back up and with a shy smile on his face. ".. i brought you something." he told, seeing jeno's puzzled face appear. he expression held a bunch of questions, and it made jaemin giggle. "i didn't really go out for my mom. now sit down, i wanna bring it to you."  the younger took both of jeno's arms and made him sit back on his bed before walking out of the room for a short moment. jaemin came back holding something in his puffy jacket as he went to his spot next to the older.

jaemin unzipped his jacket a little bit further, and out hopped a tiny kitten.

jeno's eyes widened at the sight of the animal, who proceeded to crawl around his lap. "she's a girl! i found her in an adoption center almost out of seoul, so i can to take a bunch of buses and stuff and that's why i came kinda late. anyways, i talked to my mom and she said she's perfectly fine with having a pet in the house. she said she had been thinking about it too!" jaemin exclaimed. the older looked up at him, placing the kitten beside him on the bed softly and standing up. he opened his mouth to say something, but jaemin stopped him. "wait! i'm not done, stay right there!"

the younger walked out of the room, and came back holding a guitar with a big red bow tied around it.

"i went to talk to those boys we saw the other day, remember? i didn't really know much about guitars, but they were really nice and told me the brand name and everything about the one you played." jaemin rambled, handing the instrument over to jeno. "oh, and there's something else! my aunt and her husband are celebrating their anniversary soon, and they have baby triplets! the babies are gonna be with us for a week, starting tomorrow. they were going to stay with my uncle instead, but i talked them into bringing them here instead 'cause i know you really like-"

and suddenly jaemin was cut off, by a pair of lips pressing up against his; jeno was kissing him again.

it took the younger by surprise, who did nothing out of shock for a short moment before slowly moving his lips against jeno's. he felt the older's arms snake around jaemin's hips and pulling him closer. the feeling made jaemin go weak in his entire body, needing to lean into jeno for support. the pair disconnected before kissing again, jeno softly caressing at the younger's waist. ".. thank you. thank you so much, for everything." he whispered against jaemin's lips, a blush taking over his features as he timidly looked him in the eye.

the younger dazedly smiled, his nose brushing against jeno's in a heart fluttering manner. in all honestly, jaemin knew he would be lying if he said he didn't feel anything for jeno. their past together was certainly not a good one. it was nothing of friendships, or even acquaintances. but jaemin got to see him be better. he helped him be better. he was the reason why he was healing and finally finding himself again. and jeno genuinely loved him for that.

".. really, jaemin. thank you." jeno repeated, the said boy throwing his arms around him sweetly. "just hug me and put me to sleep, 'm really tired." he requested, jeno acting on it immediately. he picked jaemin up and carried him over to the bed in small giggles. once jeno had laid him down, he made him do the same as well. the kitten remained on the bed, occasionally climbing over and around the two boys simply looking at each other. there was so many feelings there. there was emotion and genuineness in every touch they shared.

jaemin softly pet the little kitten, hearing it meow a few times. "what are you going to name her?" he sleepily asked, looking up at jeno tenderly. the older returned the gentle gaze and shyly leaned down to kiss his lips one more time. "... we'll find a name for her in the morning. you rest up for now." jeno replied, jaemin nodding and nuzzling himself further into the older. this was the first time they were falling asleep like this, facing each other, in each others' arms before sleeping instead of after waking up. jeno's touch felt so soothing and so sweet. he felt so warm.

jaemin could definitely get used to this.

| 2:11 a.m |

ok but fr what do i name dis cat do u guys have suggestions 😣

i have a fat pimple next to my nose r.i.p

and another one on the other side

and one right in between my eyebrows

like you can play connect the dots on my face

but anyways the heatwave is over and i feel better now yay

not proofread because i actually suck

te quiero <3

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura