delapan belas

☆                                  ☆
    ☆                                                                       ☆
love me harder- woodz.
   ☆                                                                       ☆
                     ☆                                  ☆
☆        

"are you sure it's fine? we can take a rest right here." jaemin told, though jeno simply shook his head. "it's okay... it serves as a stretch to help me get used to being on my leg again anyway." the older responded. jaemin took his hand and held it, ignoring all the teasing sounds coming from his friends, giving him an uncertain look that was quickly reassured by jeno.

the two were currently out with all of jaemin's friends, and they were going out to eat. they had found out about jeno's injury and had been coming over frequently just to be there with him and keep him company through the weeks. the day prior, jaemin had suggested he and jeno go out to eat somewhere nearby. and being honest with himself, he wanted to consider it a date. he just refrained from actually using the word 'date' because he got too afraid in the end. the rest of the group had found out because jaemin accidentally let it slip, and of course they invited themselves to tag along. they were notorious for always doing that, and jaemin never had any sort of problem with it. though this time, he couldn't help but feel a bit upset.

yet little did he know jeno was also feeling that exact same way.

the older had been debating the entire time he's had his injury, the entire time jaemin had been taking such good care of him, if he should ask to take him out. he had mostly been telling himself he would be rejected in a millisecond if he even tried. so when jaemin ended up suggesting they go eat together, he felt a small sliver of hope that just maybe he would accept going on a date with him. as the weeks passed, jeno's feelings for the younger only solidified and grew stronger. granted, ever since he laid eyes on him his feelings hadn't stopped growing, but now it was getting pretty overwhelming.

jeno knew he was going to say something, wether it be planned or not. he knew he was on the verge of being unable to control himself. this was his first time he would be able to express how he felt towards another boy, without threats of violence and then the actual violence occurring. it terrified him but it excited him as well.

"... are you okay?" jaemin asked quietly, managing to take jeno out of his thoughts. the older turned to him, immediately losing himself again, though this time in his pretty eyes. they were walking in the sunset, a little farther behind the rest of the group, but it felt like it was just the both of them on a lonely street. "yeah.." jeno finally responded, a soft and shy smile playing on his lips. the sight made jaemin smile widely, because these days he was smiling all by himself, and that was a very big deal.

"finally we're here! i feel like i've walked forever." chenle sighed in relief, grabbing the attention of all of his friends. he and renjun began playfully bickering as usual after chenle's comment, which continued up until they were seated inside the restaurant. not once did jaemin and jeno let go of each others' hands, which gave the older another glint of hope that just maybe jaemin would accept going out with him, for real.

though the feeling very soon diminished, once the waiter came by to take their order.

"sunwoo!" jaemin couldn't have hopped up from his seat any faster. he dropped jeno's hand in a second, both of his arms going around the waiter's neck as he basically jumped on him. and sunwoo caught him fairly quickly.