delapan

☆ ☆
☆ ☆
ice cream cake - red velvet.
☆ ☆
☆ ☆
☆        

jeno walked into his room, getting frightened because of the person laying on his bed which then caused him to drop the bags he was holding with a loud thud. the older swore under his breath and sighed in relief when the noise didn't manage to wake jaemin up. he was too tired to move the things he dropped, so he just left them there.

the boy hadn't really been at jaemin's home, since he was always leaving with his mother early in the morning and coming back super late at night. they went back and forth to their old home, trying to get their things without jeno's father being there or stopping them. most times they failed and spent the whole day by the home, waiting for him to leave so they could inside. the boy argued to his mother that they should just talk to the police, even though he knew the woman would always turn it down. eunji wasn't confrontational at all. now that, adding to the several threats she's received from her husband if she ever dared call authorities on him, made her unresistant. jeno understood completely, but he was missing days of school, patience, and a sense of peace, though he never really had that anyway.

jeno went over to his bed and sat down ever so lightly, wondering why the younger was here. jaemin had fallen asleep in a position that made him seem like he was sitting right in the middle of the bed, which made him a bit confused. regardless, jeno kept still for a few more moments before delicately helping jaemin get in a better sleeping position. he rested his head on his pillows, doing his best in being careful. he softly draped his blankets over the his body with a small sigh. he looked at him, his face, and moved the strands of his hair out from his eyes without thinking, realizing he could've woken him up.

and he did.

jaemin's eyes opened slowly, while jeno's heart dropped quickly. the boy stepped back, doing it a little more when they saw each other. it went silent, the two immediately thinking about the kiss they shared a few days prior. it had never been addressed since jeno was barely at the house, and it truthfully had been eating them up. the younger just wanted clarification, he just wanted to know what that was about and why he chose to do it. jaemin rubbed his eyes, taking a small breath in. he didn't mean to fall asleep on jeno's bed. it was just that the sleepiness got to him while he was waiting for him to get home. the boy hadn't done much but go to school and think about this, so he wondered why he was this sleepy for.

"i'm sorry.. i didn't mean to wake you up." jeno suddenly spoke, still not looking at jaemin and missing the complete shock on his face. the older had never talked so softly to him before, and hearing it made him quite surprised. the boy didn't get a chance to even say anything before jeno turned started walking away. he didn't know where he was going to go, but if jaemin wanted to sleep here that was fine. he would just find someplace else. after seeing him walk for a few more seconds, the younger finally spoke up, and called his name.

and jeno stilled when he heard it. the boy was by the doorway at this point, expecting jaemin not to say anything in return though he was wrong. jeno slowly turned, seeing the younger give him somewhat of a pleading look. "can we.. talk.? please?"