enam

☆                                  ☆
    ☆                                                                       ☆
peach - iu.
   ☆                                                                       ☆
                     ☆                                  ☆
☆        

jaemin was still, letting the shower water hit his body without really doing anything else. he stared in front of him at the tiled wall, just thinking.

after abruptly excusing himself and going up to his room once he noticed his mother with the other two people in the living room, he immediately jumped into the shower as his way of trying to escape whatever the hell was going on in his home right now. he had never, ever thought jeno would be at his house. did he even know he lived here? jaemin had no clue. the younger didn't want to admit it, but when he and jeno met eyes a moment ago, he felt really bad.

there was a bruise forming on his face because of how hard he punched him, yet that wasn't half of the reason why jaemin felt his way. the older had this mood to him the entire time he was sitting on that sofa. he just looked so distraught and melancholic. he looked so out of it, despondent. he remembered seeing his shocked face for just a split second, before it returned to the one he was just describing. jaemin didn't know if he was like that because of him or because of something else that happened, but seeing him like that made him want to go sincerely apologize and comfort him.

jaemin really despised his heart sometimes.

the younger was just the type of person to always want to be there for somebody, to always want to help. he hated holding grudges, always forgave, never stopped giving chances. he knew of countless people that have taken advantage of him just because he was so pure, he knew of countless people that didn't deserve another chance, that played with and did him dirty, but it never stopped him from being the way he was. and even with jeno, fortunately or not, this was no exception.

eventually the curiosity and the fright got the best of him, so he quickly finished up his shower and dressed himself for the night before leaving his room. he crept around the dark house as silently as he could so he wouldn't make any noise. he didn't know where the two were, but he knew where his mother was at during this hour. the final rays of the sun were beginning to fade off, so he went out to the front of his house.

the boy took a seat on the stair steps with his mother, who could always be found outside watching the sunset with her husband also watching from above. ever since he had passed, the woman had made this apart of her daily routine. she had met her husband, was asked to be his girlfriend, and was proposed to each time during a sunset. it was something they both enjoyed deeply, just watching the sun go down. jaemin would join her sometimes, but most time wouldn't as it brought him back horrific memories of the last time they ever got to be together. his mother understood, so she never forced him to be with her.

"hi baby," the woman smiled seeing her son, wrapping an arm around him. jaemin laid his head of his mother's shoulder and greeted her back, the two sitting there in silence for a moment before jaemin slowly lifted his head up to face her. he didn't quite know how to ask what he wanted to know, and his mother could easily tell. she smiled one more time, her turn to lay her head on her son's shoulder. "eunji and her son are going to stay with us for a while. he's in your grade and goes to the same school as you, you must be good friends with him."

so his mom's best friend had a son, and that son was jeno. lee jeno, out of all the sons in the world.

great.

".. oh, that's nice... but why?" jaemin finally asked, his voice quiet and simply curious as to why they were going to be staying at their house. his mother sighed deeply, looking ahead. ".. a very, very nasty and awful husband, honey. it's a long story.. i remember telling her not to marry that man. it was our first big fight, but she was so stubborn about it.. and well, here we are." his mother explained, jaemin intently listening to her every word.

"... and things only got worse when she had jeno." she went on, feeling tears build up in her eyes because she was always incredibly emotional when it came to her longtime best friend. "not only was he assaulting her, but his own son too. that boy grew up getting beat by his father ever since he was born... how can somebody do that to such an innocent little baby?" the woman weeped slightly, jaemin rubbing her back while she talked to comfort her.

"eunji would call me all the time while you were away at school... she wasn't safe, jeno wasn't safe, t-they both were just really scared.." jaemin's mother continued, wiping her tears a little as she took a breath. "eunji's husband went too far this afternoon on her and jeno because they came back from the store 'too late'. she still hasn't told me what he did, but she ran away from him with jeno and knocked on the door. i-i just want them to be safe, and i hope they can be here for a while.. is that okay with you? i'm sorry i didn't even ask about how you would feel with new people at home." the woman inquired, reaching her hand out to grab jaemin's. the boy nodded instantly, "of course it's okay. you certainly don't need to ask me, i don't mind it at all."

the woman sniffled, her crying stopping soon afterwards. the cool breeze of the night set it and both her and jaemin sat there for another short while before heading back inside. the boy hugged his mother and sweetly kissed her forehead, pulling away with an encouraging smile. ".. eunji will stay with me and jeno has the guest room, okay?" she told softly. "hey, you should check up on him. i wonder how the poor soul is doing.."

jaemin eyes widened just the slightest bit, not enough for his mom to catch on, which he was thankful for. "... i-i'm not really close with him, mom. i don't think he'll want me in there like that." the boy explained, but his mother just smiled. "then it's a great opportunity to make a new friend! i talked to him today, and you two have a lot in common. you can go biking together, to the new café's they open everywhere, look at cute boys..." the woman smirked once jaemin turned to look at her with a puzzled face. ".. wait, what? what do you mean?" he asked, genuinely confused for a moment. his mother gave him a look, "like i said, you two have a lot in common." 

jaemin stood still for another moment, trying to decipher what his mom was telling him before the suddenly realized it. the boy opened his mouth ever so slightly, his voice barely audible because he wouldn't dare ask this aloud. his voice shook a little, he couldn't help it;

"... jeno's gay?"

and his mother nodded.

| 5:44 p.m. |

dis one is kinda short i'm really sorry :(

i was doing this one assignment n i thought i was doing it good but then the mf teacher wasn't clear on da instructions so i ended up doing it "wrong" bruh i'm hella irritated

anyways

i love u have a nice day/night be safe wash ur hands n all dat <3

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura