-Episode 3- [The One To Blame]

Hanabi slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to her surroundings. Something didn't feel right. She lowered her gaze down to see an arm wrapped around her waist. The ravenette immediately turned around and found herself face to face with a sleeping Gusion. Her heart pounded rapidly inside her chest. 'Damn... we're too close...'

The female scanned her caption's handsome features on his face. As much as she hated to admit it, Emperor Scorpion was by far the hottest guy she had ever laid her eyes on. Even hotter than her old crush, Hayabusa. She wasn't sure if the shadow of Iga could be considered as an 'old crush'. After all, she still missed him now and then although they haven't seen each other for quite a long time now.

Her hands reached unconsciously towards Gusion's silver hair and stroked it gently. 'God... his hair's so soft and silky' what she wasn't expecting though, was that her actions might wake the male up.

And he did just that.

Gusion gradually opened his violet eyes as he felt the touch on his head. "H-huh?"

"Crap! I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to.." Hanabi retreated her hands quickly with a deep blush visible on her face.

"You sure adore my hair, don't you?" He murmured quietly with a slight smile.

"Uh...k-kinda..."

"But just so you know, it's rude to pat people's head without permission especially when they're older than you" he said.

"Right... sorry. How are you so sure that you're older than me, though?"

"How old are you, Hanabi?"

"I'm 18"

"See? You're still younger than me. I'm 19"

"Whaa? You? 19? Please, grandpa. Your hair's all white"

"Oi, it's because I dyed it. I was only 16 when I ran away from home, though... and I entered the land of dawn since I was 17"

"That's crazy!"

"I know right. But believe it or not, it's true" upon saying so, Gusion got up from bed and walked over to his desk where his pet was. He let the scorpion crawled on his knuckles and brought it up close to his face. Hanabi observed his actions. Her eyes widened when he saw Gusion leaned in and gave the scorpion a quick kiss.

"Good morning, sweetheart" he said.

Hanabi was dumbfounded. 'What the fuck is he doing?!'

"Hey, look at that, she's blushing" Gusion said once more, referring to the scorpion on his hand.

The marksman on the bed frantically placed her hands on top of her head. 'What on earth am I seeing?!'

Gusion finally turned his head to Hanabi. "What? You're jealous?" He smirked.

"N-No, hell no... it's just that, how could you kiss that 'thing'?! It's gross and dangerous"

"Gross? Come on, honestly, she's cuter than you. See?" He brought the scorpion close to her face.

"Get it away! Ah!" She screamed and backed herself away.

"Oh no, are you scared? Tsk, too bad, Hana. Just how many weaknesses do you have?" He shook his head and put his scorpion back in its place.

"Come here" he ordered.

"Who? Me?"

"Yeah. Come here"

Hanabi slowly got up to her leader. Once she got enough, he lifted her chin and tilted it to the side, giving her a peck on her cheeks. Her face burnt from his sudden actions. She looked down, unable to meet his eyes.