27 🌺

𝘈𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢, 𝘎𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘢

𝘚𝘪𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘯é 𝘓𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘺 𝘑𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴𝘰𝘯/ 𝘚𝘪𝘮/ 𝘔𝘰/ 𝘔𝘰𝘯é/ 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺

Parting my hair down the middle, I laid my baby hairs and put my hair in a slicked ponytail. When I was done, I grabbed my bookbag and my wristlet, walking out the room and downstairs.

"Sim, you got a plate on the counter." Mari said, as she was walking out the kitchen.

I nodded, thanking her and walked in there to grab it, making my way out the house. Getting in the car, I put my bag in the passenger seat and started the car up. When I got on campus, I got a Fiji water and made my way to class.

"Sim, can I talk to you in my office?" Carla asked, as I was getting my journal out.

I twisted my lips and got up, following her to the back and closed the door. Sitting in the chair, I put my chin on my fist and sat back.

"You're not in trouble or anything, but I do have some good news for you." She said, causing my nerves to relax and I sighed a breath of relief.

"Since I know you like art and cooking, I got you two internships and I talked to my brother, about your restaurant." She said, causing my ears to perk up and I leaned up a little.

"Really? Mrs. J, don't lie to me." I said, smiling from ear to ear and she gave me a look.

"Now why would I lie to you? This is legit and I see a lot of potential in you. Baby girl, you're going to go far and don't you let anybody get in your way." She said, giving me a card and the information for my internships.

"I also looked into another property, for you to open another store. You have two out here, but you should expand it." She continued, making me tear up and she smiled.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. J. I swear, I will pay you back." I said, causing her to smack her lips and wave me off.

"You're already paying me back. By doing what you're doing, right now and making your people proud." She said, causing a few tears to roll down my face and she got up, giving me a hug.

"You can save me a booth, because I plan on eating at your restaurant in the future." She said, making me laugh and wipe my face.

"You'll be the first person, I call." I said, hugging her back and she gave me a squeeze.

After talking for a while, we walked back in the class and she got started on her lecture. Making sure my notes were good, I got a head start on my essay and my PowerPoint. When class was over, I put my things back in my bag and walked out, going to the courtyard.

After stepping with Riley and her sisters, we started a up a conversation and made our way to class.

"You talked to my brother?" I asked, looking over at her and she nodded.

"Yeah, but I'm not going down that road again." She said, causing me to sigh and pout.

"Why not? Ya'll were my favorite couple." I said, causing her to scoff and give me a smug look.

"Key word: were. Besides, he not worried about me." She said, causing me to smack my lips and give her a look.

"He the one who brought you up to me." I said, writing the notes down and making sure I was doing everything the directions said to do.

"Riiiight." She said, sarcastically and I bust out laughing.

°
°
°

"Do you even know what you're doing?" I asked Kentrell, as he literally took over my studying and made me sit back.