Chapter 1

---flashback---

NO! STOP!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!” I screamed, fear etched into my voice.

My back was up against a tree, it was the middle of the night and it was raining hard. My knees  were huddled against my chest and my hands over my ears, trying to block out the screams and cries of the village ninja.

They were trying to kill me and I didn't know why. I know that they hated me and that they thought I was evil. But it wasn't my fault that I couldn't control my power, I was a scared child that didn't know what to do.

There were dark shadow like lines and shapes surrounding me, they were attacking the ninja that were trying to kill me.

MAKE IT STOP!!” I cried but it was as if no one was listening, no one cared. They just wanted me dead.

I was 3, I was so alone, no one cared for me, no one wanted me. I just wanted someone to protect me. To love me.

My mother died giving child birth while my father was killed on a mission before I was even born. I was alone, I had no one.

I heard more people coming closer to me, more screams.

STAY AWAY!!!” I yelled, “DON-” but suddenly, I stopped screaming, I stopped attacking, I stopped everything.

I slowly opened my eyes, and there, was a ninja, not from my village, but there he was, a complete stranger, hugging me.

You don't have to hurt anyone any more,” he whispered.

I was still stunned by what he had just done, I couldn't speak, I could't even move.

This ninja who I have never meet, this ninja who is supposed to kill me, did one thing. The one thing I wanted someone to do to me my whole life. Hug me. Notice me as a normal person.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and before I knew it, I was crying into his chest.

Shhhh it's ok, no ones going to hurt you,” he whispered stroking my hair in a soothing way.

I heard the ninja behind him sigh in relief.

What are we going to do with her now?” one asked.

We were ordered to kill her so-”

No.” he was cut off by the ninja holding me in his arms as he walked over to the others.

What do you mean no? She's a danger to everyone!”

Yeah! What if she tries to kill again!?”

I'll take her with me.” said the one holding me.

Everyone went silent.

Bu-”

No its ok. I will take her back to my village and teach her how to control her powers.”

But Kakashi,” another said, “The Hokag-”

Will be fine with it,” he said interrupting the person who was just talking. “She has a kind heart and will be a great contribute to the ninja's.”

Everyone went silent and with that the man carrying me walked off.

 ~

He set me down next to a tree away from the other ninja. He wore a mask that covered most of his face while his ninja headband was pulled down and covering his left eye. His hair was white just like mine.