Chapter 10

---Kasumi---

"That's all he said?" I asked with an annoyed tone to my voice.

"Yeah. Well.... I guess I kinda might have put him off.." said dad trailing off.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked narrowing my eyes, he's being...suspicious..

"Well I didn't say anything. I just had sort of a tone to my voice,"

I let out a sigh and shook my head.

"Of course you did." 

Stupid dad. Doesn't know when to shut up.

He let out a small nervous laugh but I just gave him the look.

"Oh and this came for you," he said, changing the subject and handing me a note. "It's from the Hokage."

I frowned and opened it.

Please come to my office by noon. I have a mission and team prepared.

I sighed.

Great! A mission! Just what I want to do right now. Not! Bloody Hokage.

"Well I've got a mission. So I guess I'll see you later," I said before poofing off.

I appeared in the Hokage's office only to find Ino and of course, Kiba.

I gave them, well mainly Ino a small smile as I walked up to the Hokage.

"What's this about?" I asked him putting the note on his desk.

"Ah," he smiled taking in another breath from his pipe. "Just in time for me to explain the mission,"

As the Hokage explained everything, I ignored Kiba's stares and just kept listening to the mission. So were escorting some dude to this other country so he can deliver some scroll? Honestly. Isn't this what the scroll messengers are for?? Ugh shinobi these days.

"So Kasumi, you will obviously be team captain and be in charge."

I nodded.

"And you two are to follow her orders. The messenger will meet you at the gate in an hour so be there ready to go."

"Yes sir!" I grinned. "Come on you two," I said as I walked out the door.

Before either of them could speak, I did.

"So I expect you both at the gate in exactly 1 hour. If your not there, I'll just go on my own. If you cause me trouble, I'll knock you out, leave you somewhere in a ditch and carry on the mission without you, understand?"

"Yup!!" grinned Ino with a thumbs up.

"Kasumi I-"

"Kiba. Do you understand?" I asked cutting him off.

He opened his mouth to agure but I just gave him a look and he closed it again.

"Yeah." he sighed.

"Good! See you then!" I smiled to Ino before poofing away.

I still didn't want to talk to Kiba. Not yet anyways. Even thought I have to go on a 5-6 day mission with him..

So were heading to the village hidden in the snow. I packed a few jumpers, food, extra kunai's and shiriken.

Man if I did this job alone, I'd get it done twice as fast and I'd get all the money! But nooo. Make me do it with other people. Well I'm actually all good with Ino. But I'm still annoyed at Kiba.