Chapter 3

---Kasumi---

I can't believe I accepted that mission, I thought as I made my way to an empty spot outside the village, in the forest where only I knew. No one knew about this place, not Kiba and not even Kakashi.

I looked down at the scroll in my hand. Can... Can I really do this?

-----flashback---

I sat there wide eyed. Am I really going to accept this mission? Can I do this? Is everything he said really going to happen?

"Kasumi. I know it's a lot to take in but either you take this mission or I have to erase your memory and try to find someone else... But I know that you are really the only one I know that can complete this mission."

"If... if I take this mission," I started. "Then I want you to give me the scroll to summon Ookami Akuma." (Wolf devil)

I saw the Hokage stare at me in shock for a few moments but then his face turned into a smirk.

"You really think you can summon him don't you? You know I've refused to give you the scroll earlier incase he kills you."

"If I'm going to do this mission, I need to summon someone or should I say something I can trust will kill without hesitation."

He went quiet for a moment.

"Very well then. but..."

"But what?" I asked.

"If you cannot control the beast, you need to destroy the scroll. I can't have you dying. Not when your the only one I trust to complete this mission without fail."

---end of flashback---

I tightened my grip on the scroll. I can't destroy this. It's the scroll to summon the wolf demon Ookami Akuma. The first Hokage of the leaf, is the only one to have summoned this demon before and the only one been able to keep it under control. Anyone else who tried, had died. But I'm not going to be like everyone else,

I will summon him.

 ~

I finally made it to the clearing. It was empty as always. I glanced from side to side, looking around. I can't see or sense anyone.

It's safe. 

I opened up the scroll to find many names, but only one remained in blood.

I read the names, the first was obviously the first Hokage's, then there were a lot of names that I didn't know. I soon came across the third Hokage's name. But it was in black because he failed to summon the beast. Many others were after his but I didn't know any of them.

I went the the next fresh spot and bit my thumb, then began writing my name in blood.

K-a-s-u-m-i H-a-t-a-k-e

Done! I thought before I looked over at the hand signs written on the scroll.

I took my time, memprising and practicing each of them, one by one.

Once I was confident, I rolled the scoll back up, putting it in my pouch. I took another look around, making sure no one was around. 

Okay. I thought as I took a deep breath in, before slowly releasing it. I can do this. 

And  with that thought, I bit my thumb, performing the hand signs and gathering my chakra.

"Summoning Jitsu!" I yelled as I smacked my hand to the ground.