A new beginning

Your POV
Setting: Morning

It was November 11th 1983 and I had gotten up early to prepare for today's concert. It was the first show of the tour.

We were playing in San Bernardino and I had gotten off the tour bus to meet with Doc and Doug. I was still a roadie but Doc wanted me to handle dealing with the guys more than having to deal with setting up the stage. They had gotten a whole crew for that stuff. And I guess Doc realized that with the guys going on such a big tour they were gonna need me to look after them.

After the night Nikki and I had slept in the same bed again we stopped talking. He was always cold and I decided it was better to just avoid him completely this time. At least until I didn't like him anymore. But that never ended up happening. I felt bad because I wanted to help him still. I could just tell when he was having a bad day or thinking about things from his past. But I had chosen to ignore him instead of being there for him.

"The guys are gonna need help getting into costume and makeup. You're gonna have to keep track of them and make sure they don't go off and do some stupid shit before the show," Doc said as he handed you a small map layout of the venue.

"Yeah," I replied.

I went back into the bus to wake up the guys since they were still asleep.

"Hey guys it's time to get up," I said yelling in the tour bus.

"Fuck. Ok. I'm up," I heard Nikki groan from his bunk.

"Dudes today is the big show," Tommy said practically jumping out of his bunk. I don't know how he did it but he always had energy.

"It's 12:00 right now but they're gonna need you getting ready by 5:00 so I figured you guys should get up and eat," I replied.

"That's 5 hours from now," Vince said.

"Exactly," I replied smirking. I had gotten used to these guys and I had realized I had to be a bit more assertive or they would just do whatever. Even then they rarely gave a shit about what I said but since we were all really good friends they were nice to me. Except of course for Nikki.

-
Setting: Night time

Mark walked past me as he lead a group of guys to the stage carrying the guys instruments.

I walked into the hallway and began walking towards the guys dressing rooms carrying their outfits and makeup so that they would get ready.

I knocked on Vince's dressing room door and some girl walked out.

"Here's your clothes and makeup," I said handing him his stuff.

"Thanks," he said.

Tommy came into the room and started talking to Vince.

"Dude Nikki's being such an ass today," Tommy said disappointed.

"Yeah probably because he hasn't fucked any chick in a while dude. He's been weird lately," Vince replied.

Then they both looked at me. I didn't feel like getting involved in anything right now so I left and started heading towards Mick's dressing room.

I walked in since the door was open and he was just strumming away at his guitar.

"Here's your stuff" I said.

"Just put it on the couch," he replied.

I laid his stuff on the couch and began to walk out.

"Wait," he shouted.

I turned around surprised since Mick wasn't one to say much.

"Need anything else?" I asked him.