A Very Important Birthday

Your POV
Setting: Morning

"Yes, just that. Thank you," I said as I hung up the hotel room phone.

It was December 11th 1983 and Nikki's birthday. I had ordered up some breakfast since we were staying at a hotel otherwise I might've cooked breakfast myself. Even though I wasn't a good cook. So it was probably better off this way.

I had a bag of coke in my luggage that I was gonna give him as a gift along with his breakfast. It wasn't the best gift but it was temporary. They had a show tonight and I had found out about a music store near the venue and I was planning on buying him a new bass.

"Room service," I heard a lady say as she knocked on the door.

"Thank you," I smiled as I opened the door and took the tray from her hands.

I closed the door behind her then set the tray on the table. I grabbed the bag of coke from my luggage and laid it next to the food on the tray.

I felt bad for not having a gift for him already but it was hard to shop for him when we were still on tour plus he never left my side.

I decided to get dressed and I wore some cute lingerie that Nikki had bought me under my clothes. I figured it would be another good present.

I grabbed the tray off the table and walked over to the bed where Nikki was still sleeping.

"Wake up sleepy head," I smiled.

"Thanks babe," Nikki said as he woke up and saw the tray.

"Happy Birthday," I said handing him the tray.

"You know you didn't have to," Nikki smiled as he grabbed it.

"Yeah I do rockstar," I laughed.

He set the tray down and pulled me into a hug.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" I asked.

"I plan on it," he smirked.

He started kissing me.

"WAKE UP BIRTHDAY BOY!" I heard yelling from the other side of the door.

"Ugh Tommy," Nikki groaned.

"It's ok we can continue this later," I said.

I opened the door and saw Tommy, Vince, and Mick standing there holding some bottles of jack.

"How are you guys even up so early," Nikki said.

"Dude how are you up so early," Tommy laughed.

"I think we interrupted something," Mick said to Tommy and Vince.

"I can always join," Vince laughed.

"No," Nikki said glaring at him.

"I'm just joking," Vince said.

"We just wanted to stop by to have some drinks," Mick said.

"Ok come in," Nikki laughed.

-
Setting: Night time

"Get on the stage for sound check," Doc told the guys.

"Alright we're going," Nikki said. The guys started heading on stage and Nikki turned to me.

"I have to do something so you might not see me after soundcheck but I'll be back in time for the show," I said.

"You better be," he smirked.

"I always am," I smiled.

He gave me a kiss before walking on stage.

I had about a two hour period before the actual show would start and that was more than enough time to walk to the music store and back.