Part 8

"Honey, are you ready yet?" I hear him asking from downstairs.

"Just give me a couple of minutes"

"I've been waiting for way too many minutes already" I hear his voice getting louder understating he's coming to me.

"You weren't waiting because you aren't ready yourself" I say knowing he's complaining without any reason.

"I'm ready, alright?" he says now standing at the door of our bedroom looking at me.

"How are you ready when you're not wearing shoes?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Don't be a smartass, my shoes are right next to the front door so I don't make a mess inside while walking. I could easily just wear them and leave right now"

"But you wouldn't do that, right? Leave me here alone after just getting ready" I say and pout my lips right after finishing with my make up.

"I'd never leave you" he smiles softly and walks towards me.

When he reaches me I wrap my arms around his neck and we stare into each other's eyes before sharing a kiss.

"You look very stylish" I state while passing my hands through his black silk clothing.

"Thank you. You look amazing as well but I think you should take off that necklace" he says and I narrow my eyebrows.

"Why? I thought you liked it" I ask confused.

"I do but I believe you'd look better in something like this" he says and opens a box he got from the night stand's drawer.

It's a gorgeous diamond necklace. I look at it and then carefully take it in my hands observing it.

"This is breathtaking, Robert. I don't know what to say. Thank you so much, baby" I say excitingly.

"You're welcome. Now let me help you with that"

He stands behind me and takes off my previous necklace, replacing it slowly with the new one. After he's done he places a kiss on my shoulder and I turn around to look at him.

"Absolutely gorgeous" he whispers making me smile.

We kiss and then we get in the limo. Soon we arrive at the party and Robert holds me by my waist as we enter the place. Everyone seems excited to see us when we get in. Well, excited to see Robert is more correct. His hand leaves my waist to meet with his colleagues and he doesn't forget to introduce me to whoever I don't know. We find the first person I know, Gwyneth, and we both hug her.

"I'm so glad to see you again" she says cheerfully to me.

"Me too. I would visit you more but I work many hours myself and don't have time"

"I know, don't worry about that. We'll have plenty of time after we all finish"

"I can't wait for that time to come"

"Are you having a hard time at work?"

"No, it's actually going great. I just want to go back to my previous life. Have more time with Robert, eat whenever and however I want etc"

"Modeling is indeed hard. But enough about that. I love your outfit and especially that necklace of yours" she says and touches it softly.

"Thank you, it's a gift from Robert" I reply and I can see a proud expression on his face.

"He surely knows how to impress a woman, excellent pick Robert"

"Thank you, dear" he smiles.

"So, what do you want to drink?" Gwyneth asks.

"We won't drink anything" Robert replies and I can feel he's not liking it.

"Babe, you can have a drink, it's alright" I say and brush my hand on his back.

"I told you I won't drink, it's fine"

"Okay, but if you want something don't worry about me" I say and he nods.

We stayed there talking with Gwyneth and people kept joining us. I'm used to that. Robert is not only very famous but he's such a nice person to talk to. Somewhere between our loud laughs I felt someone getting in between me and Robert. I turn around to look at the person unamused and see its Leslie who's not even looking at me but is facing Robert. She has her hand around his shoulders and she's practically sticking her body to his. I pay no attention to what they're saying because I'm too frustrated for that. All I can hear is all of them laughing their asses off and the more Robert ignores me the more mad I get.

"Let's go dancing!" she shouts.

The others agree immediately but Robert turns to look at me before saying anything.

"Babe, you wanna join us?"

"No, thank you. I'm not really in the mood for dancing. You go ahead"

"Is everything okay?" he whispers in my ear.

"Yes, don't worry" I reply and they all leave to start dancing.

I always love seeing Robert dance because he enjoys it so much but he's not really good at it. He has the weirdest moves and I would be laughing if Leslie wasn't taking advantage of every possibility to touch him. I see him finally getting closer to me and I'm feeling relieved.

"Honey, I'm just gonna leave my jacket here, alright?" he asks and I don't think I've ever felt more disappointed.

He goes back to dancing with just his shirt and I've had enough of her. I go over to another bunch of familiar faces to hang out with until Robert comes back to me. I stay there for quite a while until I spot him coming over. He is with Leslie but she takes a turn right before he reaches me.

"Sorry for taking so long, you know me and dancing get along so well"

"You sure do" I say with not as much enthusiasm as he did.

"What's wrong?" he asks pulling me a few feet away to be alone.

"I don't want to overreact or anything but what's with you and Leslie?"

"We've been hanging around on set lately, we're friends"

"She seems kinda into you"

"We just have a familiar personality and we fit well"

"Alright, but promise to be careful, okay?"

"Of course, now bring that pretty smile back on that face" he says and I smile.

We stayed there for a few more hours, we danced together sharing a lot of laughs and most importantly Leslie didn't bother us again. We didn't have any drinks even though we both would love to have one. It was a good night to remember since we hadn't had any nights like this for a while.