Part 64

It's time to leave for the People's Choice Awards. Robert didn't end up winning the Teen Choice award which really made him sad but he tried not showing it. He said it's not a big deal but I could see the disappointment behind his smile every time it came up. That time I wasn't with him because I didn't feel comfortable leaving Erryn alone but now she's even older and we decided it's time to feel okay with leaving her even if it's just for these few hours. Of course people will be around to take care of her if she needs anything but that doesn't make me feel less worried about being away from her.

"Honey, the car is ready for us" Robert says appearing in front of me fully dressed.

I had seen the outfit he was going to wear but actually seeing him in it feels different. He looks amazing, like every time he gets dressed up nicely. He obviously looks good everyday but a man in a suit can not be compared with anything. And his suit for tonight makes him look better than ever. It's a dark velvet suit, with a shinny white shirt and a silk tie. A pair of sneakers and a watch on his left wrist complete the outfit. His face though was something else. His thick Tony Stark goatee, which he really started to adopt, his rich hair styled to the one side and of course his sharp jawline. The closer he moves to me the more I can smell his perfume. He really looks and smells like he's from heaven.

"Are you listening to me?" he asks and holds my hand.

"Yes, sorry. I'm ready" I smile.

"You look breathtaking" he compliments me and I can't help but blush.

"Thank you, you also look excellent. I love this jacket" I pass my hands over it softly.

"And I think that you should keep this dress. The thoughts it puts into my head are worth any price" he smirks and kisses my forehead because he knows good enough how my make up can't be ruined now.

"I'll concider it, I love it myself" I smile.

It's a beautiful long strapless dress, dark blue and sparkling. I have styled it with long diamond earrings and a matching necklace. My hair is in a bun with only two stands of hair falling each side of my head. I feel very confident wearing this outfit, even if my heels are high. Robert is wearing shoes that make him taller as well so this time it's okay that I'm wearing these high heels since I'm a little shorter than he is.

Robert helped me get in the fancy car that was outside our house and they started driving us to the awards. All I could think about was Erryn but Robert helped me by reassuring me she's fine during our way there. When we finally arrived he helped me get out of the car and I could hear the photographers go crazy. With all the celebrities here on the red carpet they don't stop yelling for a single minute. We wave at a few people and then start posing on the red carpet. I see so many famous people around us that I haven't met before and feel so overwhelmed.

We couldn't hide the smiles on our faces during the whole time. The bright lights were annoying but we're both getting used to them. A few interviewers asked us questions, mainly Robert as I expected, about the new life with our daughter and how we all handling everything. They wished us luck and we left to take our seats inside. Our seats were with the other nominees from the Iron Man movie.

The ceremony started and everything was wonderful. The bright lights, the music, the applause. The first awards were presented in a very nice way and we clapped for the winner each time. Gwyneth was the first one to win an award for her performance in the movie and we all hugged her before she got to the stage to receive it. The movie got another award for the special effects and soon it was time for Robert's category.

"Good luck, baby" I whispered as the video with all the nominees was playing. He smiled at me and held my hand.

"And the winner is... Robert Downey Jr" the presenter says smiling.

The lights focus on Robert who has pure excitement written on his face. The people around us congratulate and hug him and he kisses me on the lips before standing up. He makes a funny walk over there and starts with his acceptance speech. He basically thanks everyone who worked on the movie and then me. He cracks a few jokes in between and then he comes back to his seat with the award.

"I'm so proud of you" I smile and he gives me another loving kiss.

"I couldn't do this without you" he says looking in my eyes.

"Nonsense, this is all you and your work" I smile and caress his hand.

"Without your support I wouldn't have taken the role" his voice is so sweet.

He wraps his arm around me and we sit there enjoying the rest of the show. The movie turned up to be one of the most successful this year and these awards made it official. After the awards were over it was up to us whether we would go to the after party or not. We got in our car and sat in the back together.

"What should we do? Whatever you want" he caresses my cheek.

"We should go celebrate your success. But only for an hour or so, I really want to get back to Erryn" I say and he nods.

"Only an hour, it's a deal" he kisses me and gives directions to the driver.

We arrived there and it was full of people. I think there are even more people than the ones that were at the actual awards. We got a drink for ourselves and found some people to hang out with. I can't even believe I got to meet all these people tonight.

It was also a fine night out for us. We hadn't gone anywhere for a night out after Erryn was born. We found the opportunity to dance a little and chat with people we haven't met in a while. We went back to the house the happiest we've been lately and started taking off our clothes.

"Where should we put this?" Robert asks holding the award.

"How about here?" I ask pointing at a place in our library.

"I like that, it's high and we can see it all the time" he says proudly.

"Okay, then. It's yours put it there"

He places it down there and then we go upstairs to see Erryn. She was with the babysitter and she smiled when we got in the room.

"Congratulations, Mr. Downey" she says to Robert smiling.

"Thank you, did she give you a hard time?" he asks about Erryn.

"Not at all, we saw you on TV and then I put her to sleep"

Robert leans in the crib and holds her in his arms. She's still sleeping with her pacifier in her mouth and looks adorable.

"You're my real award" he whispers and kisses her softly.

I get emotional and hug them both. Robert kisses me as well and I can see the happiness in his eyes.

A/N
So this is the end of this story, I hope you enjoyed reading it. I definitely enjoyed writing it! Thank you for the support all this time❤️