Part 44

Robert left in the middle of the night for the first day of the tour. He's in Germany for the next couple of days, doing interviews and photoshoots. The time difference is a lot so by the time I'm waking up it's already late afternoon in there. I call Robert but he doesn't reply. He's probably busy, I'll wait for him to call me back. About an hour later he calls me back.

"Hey, baby. I'm sorry I didn't pick up, I was in the middle of an interview"

"It's okay, I understand. How was your flight?"

"Really long but thankfully I got to sleep a few hours"

"You left so early, you must be exhausted"

"I didn't want to leave a day earlier, I prefer being tired than away from you more than I need to be"

"You're making me miss you already. So what did you do today?"

"I spent almost 2 hours at the airport because many people were waiting for me there, then met more fans outside my hotel and finally I had an interview which ended like 15 minutes ago. That's all for today"

"The perks of being one the Hollywood's finest" I joke and he chuckles.

"I don't think I'm there yet. How about you? Do you have any plans for today?"

"I'll go shopping, my clothes are starting being tight" I sigh.

"That means our little girl is growing healthy in you"

"I know, I'm just not thrilled to start wearing stretching pants just yet"

"I'm sure you'll look amazing in anything you wear"

"Thank you, but I'm not so confident about it" I say disappointed.

"God, I wish I could be here to show you how special and beautiful you are"

"Let's not get nostalgic, it's your first day of the tour. If we're starting like that I can't imagine how it will be like in a week"

"You're right, so are you going out alone?" he asks concerned.

"No, Christie will be with me and of course I'll have security"

"Can't you send someone to get whatever you want for you?"

"I can, but I want to go out. Staying home alone without you seems like a nightmare"

"Alright, I'm sorry. You know I'm just being protective. I need to lie down now, promise me you'll be safe"

"I promise, have some rest. You have some long days ahead of you"

"I will, I love you so much"

"I love you, too" I smile and hang up the phone.

The huge time difference won't let us interact a lot with each other. It's almost half a day which means that the hours we're both awake aren't too many and during most of them Robert will be busy. We talked about this a lot and we won't let it distract us. The following months will be hard with Robert gone most of the time but we already knew that.

After a few hours I was ready to find Christie downtown. When I found her we hugged and talked a lot before actually starting shopping. She loved shopping with me for maternity clothes and I was glad I had company. She helped me embrace my body changes and become more confident about it.

"When is Robert coming back?" she asks me as we walk around, ready to enter another shop.

"He hopes he can visit before two weeks pass by" I sigh.

"It's okay, he will be back before you know it. Besides, I'm here to keep you company whenever I can"

"How's work going? Is Gabriel still the same?"

"It doesn't need as much time as our campaign but it still is demanding. Gabriel is giving us a hard time sometimes, I don't know what's going on with him" she shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't know either, we haven't really spoken after the campaign. He just congratulated me on the marriage and the pregnancy, that's all"

"It's okay, I didn't expect you to know anything"

We continued shopping, already with a lot of bags in out hands and I enjoyed it a lot. After we exited another shop to our surprise we bumped into someone familiar.

"No way" Gabriel says smiling when he sees us.

"Gabriel! How are you?" I ask and we share a hug.

"I'm fine, how about you? How's the pregnancy going?" he asks and clears his throat.

"It's great" I smile.

"I'm happy for you" he smiles.
"I didn't know you two still hang out"

"We do whenever we have time, yeah" I explain.

"Allyson, I've been meaning to call you. Do you have some free, maybe, to catch up?"

"Uhm, yes sure"

"How about tonight? You can't drink obviously so dinner maybe?"

"Okay, sounds good to me"

"Excellent, we'll be in touch" he smiles and brushes my hand as he leaves.

We continue walking in silence and I can see Christie wanting to say something. She's looking at me weirdly and I stop to look back at her with the same look.

"What?" I ask.

"You agreed to go on a date with your ex?" she asks judgmentally.

"No, of course not. It's not a date. I'm married!" I say and show her my ring.

"We all know that. That doesn't change the fact that you're going on a date" she raises an eyebrow and I hit her playfully.

"Am I on a date now with you? No. Because we're friends. It's the same with Gabriel" I explain calmly.

"I am not your ex, it's not the same"

"That's enough of this conversation, we're still not done shopping"

"Just let me know how Robert reacts when you tell him" she says and I start walking away shaking my head.

"He won't have a problem with it, are you coming or not?" I ask loudly still shaking my head.