Part 28

-Robert's POV-

It's been four days since Allyson left the house and she still hasn't returned. For 3 nights I have no idea where she's sleeping. She barely replies to 2 of my texts daily and never my phone calls. She told me she'll talk to me whenever she's ready but I thought she meant hours or a day. Now it's getting out of hand. I'm worried sick about her. At least work helps me keep my mind off her. No matter what I've signed a contract and I have to do my best all the time. Jimmy helped me remember that when I was dumb enough to drink myself to sleep the night Allyson left and missed the following day's shooting.

During a break I'm in my trailer alone, sending another text to Allyson. She's not replying but at least I hope she reads them. I want her to know I love her and that I would never hurt her. I just had to be secretive for a reason and I'm going to tell her the soonest I can. I hear someone knocking on my door and after I let them in I see Gwyneth. She looks at me and I wait for her to say what she has to say.

"How are you?" she asks and closes the door behind her.

"Tired, worried, afraid, pretty sure depressed. Do I need to keep going?"

"No, I get it. Are you talking with Allyson?" she asks noticing I'm on my phone.

"If me texting her and her not replying counts as talking, then yes, we're talking a lot" I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket.
"She hates me" I say hiding my face in my hands.

"Don't be silly, she loves you" she replies but I'm not so sure.

"She told me she hated me and left. She said she meant it but I didn't believe it. But now, she won't even talk to me, she really hates me" I say quietly, not wanting to hear my own words.

We stayed in silence until she spoke again.

"I have to talk to you about her" she says and catches all my attention.

"Do you know something? Have you spoken to her?" I ask quickly.

"Yes, I have. I have been talking to her  a lot lately actually"

"And you haven't told me? Do you know where she is?" I ask starting to feel very annoyed by her.

"I'll tell you everything but first I want you to know that I understand you'll get mad but please try to understand me as well" she's stalling and I have no patience.

"I swear to God, if you don't tell me everything right now I'm gonna lose it" I try to contain my temper but it's getting harder and harder.

"She came to me for help the next day she left your house. She wanted some time to think so I let her stay at my home"

"Are you f*cking kidding me?" I shout and laugh hysterically thinking about the irony.

"I'm sorry, I told her she couldn't stay for more than a couple of days if she didn't come talk to you" she tries to justify herself.

"Oh, that's great. Let's let me worry sick about where she is while you're hiding her in your house"

"I wouldn't have done it if she wasn't really needing it"

"She didn't need it. She has her own house, with me. You should've told me right away" I continue with the same annoyed tone.

"I wanted to but I had to understand Allyson as well"

"Right, because she needed it more than me. After all we've been through I'd expect you to not lie to my face about something like this" I say disappointed and pissed off.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't handle seeing you like this so I'm letting you know she's safe" she seems calm but it's not how I'm feeling.

"Is she there now?" I ask and clentch my jaw.

"Probably, yes. She never left the house ever since she came"

"Great" I say standing up and grabbing my jacket.

"Where are you going?" she asks and grabs my hand.

"To your place and if you let her know, this friendship is over" I say very seriously.

"Now that's just your temper speaking" she says not wanting to believe what I just said.

"Try me" I say and storm out of my trailer.

I walk quickly towards the exit and Jimmy notices me and runs behind me.

"Where do you think you're going like this?" he shouts from behind me and I go over to my driver telling him to give me the car keys.

"Ask Gwyneth" I reply to Jimmy and go to the car with a fast pace.

I get in and Jimmy opens the door abruptly. He stops me from starting the car and makes my blood boil.

"You are not leaving until you're done working" he orders.

"Why? Are they gonna fire me for leaving two hours earlier a few days before we're done with the movie?"

"I don't know what they're going to do but I know you promised you're going to take your job seriously. It's not professional like to leave like this. People are waiting for you inside. Think clearly" he has this tone that's serious but caring at the same time. He knows how to get to me.

"Fine" I say after thinking clearly as he suggested.

I went back inside and got ready for shooting. My eyes caught Gwyneth's a few times but I just looked at her coldly. I can't believe she hid that from me. She sees me suffering for days now and she says nothing. Unbelievable. Of course I acted like everything was okay during shooting but that's all. I didn't exchange another word with her. I just patiently waited for the last scenes to be done so I could leave. And when they finally did I left in rush. Gwyneth found me in the parking lot and stopped me.

"Let's go together" she says touching my shoulder calmly.

"No. And as I said if you tell her I'm going over there don't expect me to talk to you ever again" I say and get in my car before she can reply.

I turn on the engine and leave quickly leaving her behind.